Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-28-2009, 08:38 AM   #1
New Camper

Second trip was 200 miles round trip in the 26RL Zinger; double the length of the maiden voyage.
We went south from San Antonio this time to Lake Corpus Christi (Mathis KOA). Still plenty- hot here in Texas, but if we can make these trips in the 100 degree weather work with fun it'll be great in the Fall!
The KOA it was acceptable. Not too sure the counter workers who checked us in knew much about RV's as they sent us to a spot far too short(D-11) for the 26RL behind my Dodge. After I got the rig turned around they put us on a spot at the top of the park(A-15) near the pool which was 'ok'. Had to borrow park power and water extensions as the parking spot was at least 25' from the shore power and water hook ups. Not sure why they didn't put us on A-17 as it sat empty for the weekend; it had a concrete slab instead of dirt roadway that was our front door for the weekend. Even though this is our second RV, we mostly parked the first one in East Texas near our son's college to visit him during the Fall, we're needing to learn what to ask for / insist on so that our weekend stays are as enjoyable as they should be.
The Zinger put out another great trouble free weekend for us. A/C and appliances all perform well under the most extreme conditions and the unit delivered comfort all day and night long. Towing has been effortless too.
I'd buy another one and recommend the brand to any would be buyer!

Jack and Diane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 08:50 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Jack and Diane, glad to hear you had a good trip. There are several of us that get together 4 or 5 times a year within a couple hundred miles of the Austin area so any time you would like to join us you are more than welcome. My wife and I try to get to Kerrville and Fredericksburg 2 to 4 times a year. Right now it would be nice just to get some rain and get rid of this heat we are under. We have been above 100* for the last 6 days in a row.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 11:25 AM   #3
New Camper

Sounds like you know where to RV! Would enjoy spending a weekend with your group this year or next!

Jack and Diane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 11:51 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

Jack and Diane:

Glad y'all had agood trip even though it was hot. Lynda and I are part of the group thatHunter11 mentioned. Look forward to meeting you guys.

'04 Dodge 2500 Quadcab CTD
gball is offline   Reply With Quote