Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-30-2022, 11:31 PM   #1
New Camper

Slide Out Trouble

Hey everyone, I recently acquired a 2007 Zinger 37DB. Trying to see if anyone knows if there's an inline fuse for the slide motor as I can't get either the living room or bedroom slide to do anything when hitting the button. I'm hooked up to shore power, though it's just a 15amp household outlet. I've tried a new switch and nothing, found and replaced one circuit breaker by the battery and also got a new power converter just incase. The battery is brand new just purchased yesterday with date of manufacturing 10/22, However when I hook my voltmeter up it only reads 10/11 volts so not sure it's charging properly or maybe it just takes a long time, thinking the voltmeter may be bad though so i'm gonna try and get anew one as most everything else seems to be working but the slide. Any suggestions or clues would be much appreciated.
Anthamm93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 06:29 AM   #2
Site Team

If your battery only has 10 or 11 volts, It's considered a dead battery.

Getting a new volt meter would be a good idea.

Are you trying to run the slide strictly on DC, or are you plugged into AC when trying?

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 07:11 AM   #3
Site Team

Hello and welcome to the forum.

When you replaced the switch did you have power there?

Our first camper with a slide had a fuse in the fuse panel -- not a Crossroads/Thor brand. The last 2 both have had automatic circuit breakers for the slides -- both Crossroads/Thor brand.

First get a good/Accurate meter. Check for power at the switch. This will give you a direction to look -- No power than look from switch to power source - Converter/battery. If you have power than look from switch to motor.

Is this a "New" problem? Did it work before and just stop working? Is this a new to you camper?
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 09:40 AM   #4
New Camper

Thanks Lloyd, yes the camper is hooked uo to shore power when trying. I've also tried it plugged directly into the trucks trailer pin with it running and no change.
Old 10-31-2022, 09:43 AM   #5
New Camper

Thank you, I had someone else check the switch for power but I do believe so, o'd check myself but won't be near it till later and yes this is new to us. The slides we're already not working but neither were the ceiling lights, ac, etc. but getting a new battery seemed to solve all that.
Old 11-06-2022, 06:12 PM   #6
Family Vacation Member

Not sure if this is going to help but, on my 2014 Sunset Trail Reserve there is an Auto Re-Set breaker at the front of the trailer on the outside where all the truck wiring comes into the the box. Some can be auto re-set and some may be manual re-set where you have to press a button.

The slides also have a control panel that monitors the current to the slide motors and keeps them in sync. The panel is usually hidden away some where inside the coach. Mine is inside the TV cabinet. There are a number of lights that flash to let you know when something is wrong and there is an over-ride function to use to get them in when they are stuck out. You have to know the different codes for the flashing lights to know where the problem lies. If you find this control box and there are no lights flashing when you press the slide button then there is no power to the switch or switch to control panel. If you get the lights flashing and the slide does not move or make any noise then there is no power from the control panel to the motors.
There are manuals on here that may help you as well.