Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-08-2017, 05:56 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Soooooo happy,we bought when we did

Hello all been awhile since I have posted I just wanted to say I'm glad we bought our zinger in 2013 we have a 28 bh after visiting the rv show in Cleveland last night I noticed a huge lack of quality in the whole crossroads lineup I was disappointed as we were searching for a fifth wheel to upgrade to the light interiors don't make much sense to me when you are in the outdoors but that aside I found the forest river 5s to be a bit higher quality also lots of wasted space in the new units I think we have decided to shop for used units due to the lack of quality in all the new ones we looked at .what do you guys and gals think????
Charbgd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 06:42 AM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbgd View Post
Hello all been awhile since I have posted I just wanted to say I'm glad we bought our zinger in 2013 we have a 28 bh after visiting the rv show in Cleveland last night I noticed a huge lack of quality in the whole crossroads lineup I was disappointed as we were searching for a fifth wheel to upgrade to the light interiors don't make much sense to me when you are in the outdoors but that aside I found the forest river 5s to be a bit higher quality also lots of wasted space in the new units I think we have decided to shop for used units due to the lack of quality in all the new ones we looked at .what do you guys and gals think????

If you are satisfied with your present rig, why even consider a used unit?
Keep and use the one you have while you continue looking. You will eventually find a new unit that you will be what you are looking for.
Heck, a 2013 isn't old.
We are sporting around a 2008, and it still looks good, everything works, and it's not causing me any problems yet. When things start going bad, then, I will start looking in earnest.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 07:24 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

One word GRANDKIDS we will need a bigger bunk house
Old 01-08-2017, 07:41 AM   #4
Site Team

There is another word you missed----tent.

Grand kids would probably be thrilled.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 07:51 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

So true it's all for the kids when it all boils down
Old 01-08-2017, 07:57 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

What size and weight are you looking for in a fiver?
Saskatoon, SK
WildWildWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 10:26 AM   #7
Full Time Camper

I've thought the same just seeing what is on dealer lots. The 2015 models started showing "cost cuts", and surfing Crossroads RV site confirms the Zinger has "downgraded".

Even our 2012 (ordered in 2011) arrived very different from show trailers. It is a shame, as the Zinger was an upscale feeling/built trailer at an entry level price. Not so much now.
2014 Zinger 32QB
ewbldavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 10:43 AM   #8
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
There is another word you missed----tent.

Grand kids would probably be thrilled.
Not my sons kids, their mother has them AFRAID of EVERYTHING & unless all 4 of them had one of those million candle power flashlights there wouldn't be nearly enough lights on in the tent & once the batteries went dead they'd be tearing the tent down to get in the house, hell there's not enough lights in my 5er for them.
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 09:02 AM   #9
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbgd View Post
So true it's all for the kids when it all boils down
Ha. My folks purchased their first TT years ago with the desire to do some camping while they were retired but young enough to be active. They selected a 4bunk BH with the EXPECTATION of the grand kids. I can't remember if we were pregnant with the 1st or not, but granny already had plans. And she was floating on clouds after the first trip that my 2 were willing to stay overnight alone. Mission accomplished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
Not my sons kids, their mother has them AFRAID of EVERYTHING & unless all 4 of them had one of those million candle power flashlights there wouldn't be nearly enough lights on in the tent & once the batteries went dead they'd be tearing the tent down to get in the house, hell there's not enough lights in my 5er for them.
Thats a shame. Kids can be jumpy on their own, don't need to be brainwashed about scared of everything. someone mentioned stranger danger to my 4yo, I am currently trying to put the brakes on that mania.
Old 04-12-2017, 09:06 AM   #10
Full Time Camper

We have a 8 year old Grand Daughter that has been out with us since three. Loves the life style. Has been known to have her mother drop her off on a Friday afternoon, and con us into going out for the week end. Her Brother on the other hand will not spend the night with us, all ways call his mother to come get him about an hour before bed time
Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 08:09 PM   #11
Seasonal Camper

I was disappointed to see the Cruiser 5th wheel line cut down so severely. I saw the new 3351BH at a show and really liked it. I don't think the quality has changed any from last year. I've been in 2010's through 2016 models and they all have held up well.

I don't have any kids, step kids, foster kids, friends kids, but I would have considered this 5th wheel with the bunk house because I really like the 2nd bedroom. I couldn't convince the wife to go with a bunk house last year anyway.

We have had very good luck with our RVs holding up inside and out as opposed to some of our friends. I guess the one difference I can see is kids. Before anyone puts their foot in a stirrup to get on a high horse, I don't think all kids are bad. That said, we don't have kids slamming doors, standing on drawers to get to stuff on the counter, walking on furniture, overflowing sinks and toilets. Kids will be kids and they are hard on stuff.

SeanRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 06:54 AM   #12
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
If you are satisfied with your present rig, why even consider a used unit?
Keep and use the one you have while you continue looking. You will eventually find a new unit that you will be what you are looking for.
Heck, a 2013 isn't old.
We are sporting around a 2008, and it still looks good, everything works, and it's not causing me any problems yet. When things start going bad, then, I will start looking in earnest.
I agree with Lloyd. We recently bought a 2008, one owner, which was stored inside and it seems very well built compared to the 2002 Sprinter that we literally wore out over about 50,000 miles. I think there might be something to be said for buying pre-recession.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk