Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-17-2015, 06:44 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Troubleshoot furnace on Zinger 27RL

Furnace has been running like a champ. Started lighting and shutting off. I switched the regulator to tank just filled and it does the same thing as the tank that is empty. Help!
CSKingdonSr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 07:44 AM   #2
New Camper

Sounds like you have a LP line pressure problem. Here's a couple things to check. Pull the outside furnace door and check for obstruction in the gas line where the pilot light is. Spider webs or mud dabber nests. Next check for the smell of leaking gas outside as well as inside as this could indicate a line leak or a faulty gas regulator. Last week I had the exact same problem with my Rushmore Washington. With a RV 101 education from Bill's RV service ($) I found out that the 40,000btu furnace requires much greater line pressure than my range or hot water heater. Switch tanks and problem solved. I know you stated your #2 tank was full but you may want to pick it up to confirm. Hope this helps. --- Ron
GiantDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 11:25 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

There is not an outside access to the furnace. When I open the access which is under the fridge all I can see is the box. There are not any switchrs or indicator lights visible. I read on an Atwood site that if it locks out would need to reset thermostats or power. There is not a breaker or fuse fot furnace but a fuse for appliance so I pulled it out and put back. All is working. Thanks for the insight.
CSKingdonSr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 09:07 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

Glad you got it working. Ours quit working due to empty tank. Switched tanks and it did the same thing. Turns out we physically had to move the new tank to the old tank location, something is wrong with the flow. Someone had suggested disconnect and reconnect propane so she dud thus and it worked

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 10:13 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

When that happens pull the regulator caps off and look inside, you will see a little button in the center press that in and than hook up you will hear a click, than you are good to go
Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote