Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-31-2019, 06:47 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

TV size

I just purchased a 2018 Zinger bunk house. What size tv's can you install? I have alot of room in dining room for a large tv but can it support the weight?
Steve Haack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 03:53 PM   #2
Seasonal Camper

Hi Steve, welcome to the forum.

The key factor is weight. I have a very lightweight LED TV on a cheap double jointed wall mount I paid about $15.00 off Amazon.

My TV size is 32", but the latest 42" off brand ones from Walmart are about the same weight.

Make sure you get the screws into one of the studs (if you have a stick & tin type TT) or the designated backing plate installed behind the interior skin for the purpose and you should be fine.

Also, buy good quality screws, mini lag screws are best in my experience.

I ALWAYS dismount my TV before travel, I made a quick release pin that allows me to release the TV off of the wall bracket and lay it on the bed, no 'bouncing' load is the way to go.

In my estimation, the wall stud should hold 20 - 25lbs easily.
Biggles607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 05:16 PM   #3
Family Vacation Member

Biggles is spot on with making sure you anchor to studs or factory backing board inside wall. My 19" has been attached through two seasons and is as secure as the day I installed. Mine isn't removed, but is probably far lighter than Biggles 32". There is usually a label that show location on the wall for proper attachment location(s). The following link is for a tool proven to be invaluable when you want to see somewhere that is hidden.

https://www.harborfreight.com/digita...era-61839.html
Reese Weight Dist. w/friction sway control
jmnsn57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 01:56 PM   #4
Weekend Camper

Thanks for replying to me. I have a 40 inch tv that weighs 16 pounds. Do you think I can put that one up in my Zinger? Living room area. I don't know how much the mount is going to weigh. What do you think?
Old 01-06-2020, 04:54 PM   #5
Seasonal Camper

Steve,

I would do it certainly. I'm confident my studs and hardware would support that no problem, but of course the final choice is yours.

I would NOT however move my TT without first dismounting the TV though.

I simply removed the bolt that forms the vertical pivot closest to the back of the TV and replaced it with a pin of the same diameter.

Pull the electrical plug out of the wall, disconnect the coax at the wall plate, unplug the HDMI and/or component radio plugs, support the TV in one hand and pull the pivot pin with the other, job done. Lay the TV on the bed and hit the road.

I hope his helps.
Biggles607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 09:42 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

Im thinking i am going to install it. My camper is going to be permanent so i wont have to worry about it moving around. Thanks for the feed back.