Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-17-2018, 12:58 PM   #1
Kab
Weekend Camper

Underneath my zinger

My 2015 32db zinger has a sheet of thick plastic underneath it. Maybe 4 feet wide and goes from side to side of camper. I-Believe it covers the water and sewer tanks. It has a long slit in it with a piece of wide tape covering the slit. This sheet also sags down. Does anyone know if the slit in this sheet is normal or did someone cut it to get at plumbing. Also wondering how I could brace this up so it doesn’t sag so much. Hard to get a picture of it.
Kab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 01:59 PM   #2
Seasonal Camper

The Coraplast underbelly covering is usually frame rail to frame rail and front to back in one piece. Is the tape black and roughly 4” wide? That’s what dealer sold me when I replaced a section of mine due to winter cracking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
660catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 02:04 PM   #3
Seasonal Camper

Pictures showing tape and extra braces I added. Had old gazebo square tube frames I used. Lightweight and strong. IMG_1430.JPG
IMG_1431.JPG

Old 06-17-2018, 02:14 PM   #4
Kab
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 660catman View Post
The Coraplast underbelly covering is usually frame rail to frame rail and front to back in one piece. Is the tape black and roughly 4” wide? That’s what dealer sold me when I replaced a section of mine due to winter cracking.

Yes the tape is about 4inches wide
Old 06-17-2018, 02:16 PM   #5
Kab
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Pictures showing tape and extra braces I added. Had old gazebo square tube frames I used. Lightweight and strong. Attachment 3357
Attachment 3358

Thanks for those pictures
That looks like a good solution
Will try this fall when I get the unit home and have better working conditions
Old 06-17-2018, 02:19 PM   #6
Seasonal Camper

Someone previous on our Reserve also opened the underbelly, which was opening at there handywork. Now luckly the cut was between the gray and black water. What worked for me was, a strip of plywood about 8 inches wide and 3 feet long, (longer than the cut itself). I put the plywood inside and used Robinson #8 screws every 3 inches with a 3/4 inch wide washer to prevent from working through the vinyl material. I did the one side first along the length then as I did the other side I kinda put the screw on an angle then tightened the material as I screwed it down. I was able to tighten the whole thing up quite well and remove the sag. Then when I was done screwing everything also used Gorilla Duct tape to waterproof it. Worked out well, but as I said my slice was between the tanks. I sometimes wonder how hard it would be to sheet the whole underbelly with 1/4 inch plywood, and build a small visual trap door into areas involving plumbing just to be able to see inside, then if ever a problem arises, just drop that sheet to gain entry to work comfortably.. However, that is just a thought,
Old 06-17-2018, 02:24 PM   #7
Seasonal Camper

The tape the dealer sold me specifically for this purpose was very sticky. You buy it by the foot and is well worth the price of it. It’s still holding good too.

Old 06-17-2018, 02:24 PM   #8
Kab
Weekend Camper

Thanks, when I get the unit home in the fall I will be able to look at everything better and decide how to fix.

P.s. go riders
Old 06-17-2018, 02:26 PM   #9
Kab
Weekend Camper

Quote:
The tape the dealer sold me specifically for this purpose was very sticky. You buy it by the foot and is well worth the price of it. It’s still holding good too.

I bought a roll of flex tape as seen on TV and was hoping that will work