Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-28-2015, 03:42 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Want Satellite?! Don't Buy Zinger 270RL!

It has been confirmed, Folks.
After several attempts, customer service finally stated in fact that the 270 is not equipped to handle a direct satellite signal. If you want to hook you DirecTV dish up, you have to run a new cable path with RG6. This is exactly what I did all day Saturday. Started from the rear bumper, secured along the chassis, up through the 30 amp exterior power door. Then paddle drilled through the cabinets up to the shelf and terminated directly into the back of the DTV receiver. Man! What A Day! SO! don't be fooled by the single faceplate in the panel that contains the 12V and the one single port that states cable. Don't let the salesperson tell you that's where you hook up your dish. Because, it "ain't!"
CamperQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 05:19 PM   #2
Family Vacation Member

Obviously you have solved your problem but to others reading this with the same issue, try googling "satellite input in travel trailer". There is a relatively simple way to change the existing cable connection behind the coax output/antenna amplifier plate near the TV.

2014 F350 6.7 PSD
8iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 10:14 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

I agree - this is not rocket science and is very easy to accomplish without drilling holes.

Did you see my additions to your initial post? I have used Satelitte TV in 2 different Zinger models.
2014 Zinger 32QB
ewbldavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 11:49 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

Sorry Gentlemen, believe me, I would have rather done anything other than have to re-cable. And I came to this decision after reading all the posts and suggestions. Even the DirecTV tech couldn't receive the signal through on the original cable path from the factory. I got the advice and direction directly from Mr. Antal himself in Customer Service. I can quote him directly if need be. Oh Well, hopefully most of the bugs are worked out now.
CamperQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 12:44 PM   #5
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamperQueen View Post
Sorry Gentlemen, believe me, I would have rather done anything other than have to re-cable. And I came to this decision after reading all the posts and suggestions. Even the DirecTV tech couldn't receive the signal through on the original cable path from the factory. I got the advice and direction directly from Mr. Antal himself in Customer Service. I can quote him directly if need be. Oh Well, hopefully most of the bugs are worked out now.
Sounds like you tried everything before deciding to run new cable. It could be your Zinger has a splitter somewhere in the run between the outside connection and the wall plate by the TV. Any units that I've owned or worked with has a line that goes to the wall plate and is split off (or amplified) via connections behind this plate. Disconnecting this line and using it directly to the sat receiver has always worked.

2014 F350 6.7 PSD
8iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 04:49 PM   #6
Ken
Weekend Camper

My Zinger has worked with my Direct TV dish from day one so maybe it is a specific model issue.

Ken
Tyler, Texas
2014 Zinger ZT31SB
2012 Dodge Cummins Diesel 3500 SRW
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 05:37 PM   #7
Full Time Camper

We have in the past run our satellite cable through the side of the slide on a trailer that was not equipped with cable (older unit). Of course if we had wanted to watch TV in the bedroom or outside, that would have been more of a problem. Lucky for us, we only watch TV in the living room, not anywhere else.

When we are in Florida we attach a TV antenna to the ladder and run the cable in through the slide because the omni-directional antenna on our unit does not get the local stations in very well.

2012 Cruiser Sahara 330SS
2015 F250 Super Duty diesel
Loneoak is offline   Reply With Quote