Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-27-2011, 06:21 AM   #21
Full Time Camper

We have already resigned ourselves to the fact that when we buy a new unit we will have to budget around $800 for a new set of BFG Commercial LT tires like we have on our unit now to replace the cheap tires that will come on it. I will literally drive from the dealers lot to the closest Discount Tire and have them installed. I just hope I can get something out of the China bombs that come on it.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 06:54 AM   #22
Weekend Camper

Wow.... looks like I struck a nerve! Duro made me the same "50% off" offer. I told them that there was no way I'd actually pay money to put their garbage tires on my trailer.

I went and bought Carlisle radials at Discount last weekend.

When I bought the trailer, I knew it had cheap tires on it, but hey, they have a warranty, right? Too bad the warranty isn't worth the paper they printed it on.

Never again. I love my trailer, but it's the last Crossroads product I'll own. For that matter, I will not purchase any trailer from any manufacturer that uses this crap as OEM tires. It's just not right when you spend $15,000 that your tires won't last a year.
caedenspa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 07:20 AM   #23
Full Time Camper

I would keep an eye on those Carlisle tires you bought, they have not had the best reputation either over the years. Our Paradise Pointe came with Mission tires and they did not last 5k miles before two started to seperate.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote