Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-17-2011, 06:29 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

I've about had it with the lack of I'm getting on warranty service. I bought my Zinger new in April 2010. When I had it in for service at the end of April 2011, I told the guy that my tires were dryrotting. It's a one year old tire, and the dry rot was NOT minor.

He filled out a claim form, and told me that the tires were not safe for travel. I've been calling every 2 - 3 weeks since then to check status.

At present, the dealer claims to be getting the runaround. Crossroads says it's the tire manufacturer's issue. The manufacturer says Crossroads installed tires that had been in their warehouse for too long.

Either way, we're coming up on September. I haven't been camping once this year. I'm tired of this.

I can't believe that Crossroads is allowing this to occur. It's severely damaged my opinion of them at this point.

Hopefully someone at the manufacturer monitors these boards.
caedenspa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 06:34 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Call crossroads and ask for Randy Mishler and explain your tire problem. Could be your dealer is giving you a hard time.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 06:48 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

I'll give that a shot tomorrow. I've never been able to get to a person when I call there.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:41 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by caedenspa
At present, the dealer claims to be getting the runaround.Â* Crossroads says it's the tire manufacturer's issue.Â* The manufacturer says Crossroads installed tires that had been in their warehouse for too long.

Agree, #1 call Randy. #2 what is the date code that is on the tires? That will tell you their age, you might google 'tire date code' to find out how to read the code. #3 Crossroads doesn't have a tire warehouse, the get the tires already mounted on the wheels. Now if the tire manufacturer had old tires in his warehouse and then shipped them out, seems like it is their problem. Every warranty period begins from time of end user purchase anyway, so it really doesn't matter where the tires sat too long (if that is really what the date code reveals), the tire manufacturer is responsible.

Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders member since '01
13 Silverado 3500HD D/A, 2wd CCSB srw, custom RKI bed
11 Cruiser CF32MK
https://www.picturetrail.com/dayle1
Dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 11:13 AM   #5
Family Vacation Member

I cannot agree more with everyone! You need to talk to Randy or at least someone at crossroads. Dealers have been known to stretch the truth about Crossroads not getting back to them when they have not even contacted them with the issue( I know this from experience). Randy will always make it right to the best of his ability.

Rob,Sue&Cyndi

2008 Dodge 3500 6.7
RSCREES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 01:28 PM   #6
Full Time Camper

I had the same b.s story from Camping World with my R-Vision trailer back in 2006, not for a tire issue but fora slide issue. Finally after 3 weeks of calling every other day, I asked the dealer why am I being held hostage over bureaucratic red tape? They agreed performed the service and I went on my way.

'07 F250 Diesel Crew Cab 4x4

'08 CF30QB

Reese Signature Slider 18k Hitch
salda01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:01 PM   #7
Seasonal Camper

I think I can put my two cents in here since my first retirement was from a major tire manufacture, the warranty on the tire is not serviced by crossroads, it's the same as if you bought a new car, the car manufacture does not warranty the tire, all tires are warranteed by the manufacture and it's handled by the selling dealer, Crossroads has taken care of tire issues that were mostly connected to bad axels, I would assume when the axels were bad and crossroads replaced the tire there was a way that lipperet paid crossroads for the tire, but if crossroads does warranty your tire it's because they want to, they are not obligated to legally service a tire, I have gone thru some of the largest tire recalls in the country and yes I had people who tried to sue over what they thought they should get and I am happy to say that they all got nothing more that the original offer, your best bet is to simply find the distributor of the tire, it's on your warranty card, call them, they will most probably want you to get the serial numbers off the tires and to send them some pics, they will in turn send you 5 tires and you will get return material tags to send the old ones back, they usually have a flat rate they pay to have the tires mounted and balanced, if your not going to keep the tires, you can trade with the dealer, he will most likeley see them for non use farm equipment, when you get a trade in price you can pay the difference and get whatever you like...I know it seems alot of run around, but I can assure you this works...

2004 Ford F-350 CC dually 4X4
mbinohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 03:36 AM   #8
Weekend Camper

I recently had my first MAJOR issue with my Zinger 30KB and with the warranty department. We are from Texas and while traveling this summer through New York, we had a leaf spring break while traveling down the highway....thankfully everyone is ok! I called my local dealership in Texas which put me in contact with the Corporate office. They then got me in touch with the actual manufacturer of the leaf spring. 2 days later, the leaf spring arrived in New York where we were staying in a hotel and was replaced right there in the parking lot. Not a penny was spent, everything was taken care of by Crossroads! Sometimes I think it IS always better to call Crossroads versus the local dealership prior to getting service completed. It is sad that we must do this, but everything worked out.

2009 F-150 Super Crew

McKinney, Texas

bella3604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 03:13 AM   #9
Seasonal Camper

Awesome

But

You will find few people on hereare surprised by the sevice you received from Crossroads.

But it's nice to hear
Tom&Denice, Carmel,Betsy, Brighton&Daisy(Rescued Cockers)YukonXL 2500 8.1 4:10 CT31GR https://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...ofP1010009.jpg
ClassicHammond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 05:45 AM   #10
Weekend Camper

Follow up....

Randy did his best to help, but to no avail. To be fair, the tires are warranteed by the manufacturer, Duro. Duro's customer service is non-existent. They more or less told me to pound sand.

The tire warranty is apparently two years from the date of TIRE MANUFACTURE. So my 2010 trailer, which was built in July of 2009, has tires on it that were manufactured earlier in 2009. Which means the first year of warranty was up before I ever bought the trailer. An absolute joke.

So, Randy tried to get Crossroads to help me out on purchasing new tires, but the company wouldn't agree to it. He tried, I'll give him that.

I am frustrated. It reflects quite poorly on Crossroads that they use tires that won't even last a year from purchase. While I love my trailer, I cannot feel good about recommending the brand due to the stock tires they use. It makes me wonder what else they went cheap on, and what I'll be fixing next.

I lost an entire season of camping to this tire issue, and now I have to cover the cost of replacement tires.
Old 09-23-2011, 06:04 AM   #11
Weekend Camper

Timely discussion. I'm having the EXACT issue.

I've had great luck with warranty in the past (i had some drawer tracks break that they just shipped me some replacements). But with the tires, same thing.

My 2010, purchased in March 2010, has tires that were made in 08 and are in really bad shape even though I've only had the rig 18 months. Veryfrustrating!

Same story too - Crossroads to the tire distributor to Duro themanufacturer. I'm hoping to make it until the spring before I replace them but I even sent pictures to Crossroads to show how cracked they are. Just short trips for me now until the replacements. It just sucks.
TxZinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 04:00 AM   #12
Full Time Camper

How nice. I just looked at the date code on my tires. If the first 2 numbers indicate the week and the last 2 the year how do you decode this???801080th week of 2010???
2009 Ford Lariat F350 SRW CC Diesel
2013 Cruiser CF305SK Patriot Edition
avvidclif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 04:18 AM   #13
hhh
Seasonal Camper

I would guess you are looking at the wrong numbers. Here is a page that explains it.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tirete....jsp?techid=11

Edited by: hhh

'11 CF285RL Patriot - '08 GMC 3500HD D/A CC LB Dually - Yamaha Zuma 125

tgif: let's RV
hhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 07:11 AM   #14
Full Time Camper

Nope, complete lettering is DOT 1KMM16A 8010. Look at the numers on yours, same trailer...
Old 09-24-2011, 08:11 AM   #15
hhh
Seasonal Camper

Not that I doubt you but it must be being read wrong. Maybe suppose to be 3010? Have you looked at the dates on any of the other tires? The reason I say this is because the first 2 numbers/letters should show where it was made but there is no 1K code in the manufacturers list. Here is the list - http://www.tirelitigation.com/html/tirecodelist.html

Edited by: hhh

Old 09-24-2011, 08:38 AM   #16
Full Time Camper

Sure there is try harriger.com

1K DOUBLESTAR DONGFENG TYRE CO., LTD. SHI YAN CITY HUBEI CHINA

Closer inspection shows 3010, better glasses...GRIN
Old 09-24-2011, 08:42 AM   #17
Full Time Camper

Your list is missing about 2-300 mfg... 01 thru A9. No numbers at all.
Old 09-24-2011, 08:57 AM   #18
hhh
Seasonal Camper

Haha, go figure I got an incomplete list. Anyways, it's figured out.

Old 09-27-2011, 05:30 AM   #19
Weekend Camper

Yes talk about timely discussion. My tires are really bad. I have some calls in to try and get it resolved. The best I have been offered is 50% off from DURO. My position is if I have to spend money and replace them. I will spend that money on better radial trailer tires like I have and have had on all my other trailers. I figured when I bought this unit I would be replacing the tires anyway. They really went cheap on them. Well I guess that is what you get on an entry level trailer.

I am however having bigger issues with my camper. Mine has been at a dealer for well over a month now, and I have been really been getting the run around. I was told many half truths and down right lies, about what is going on. I really don't know who to believe either. If you talk to Crossroads they blame the dealer and if you talk to the dealer they blame crossroads. I was told today to "take the camper somewhere else if you don't like it". Wow what service. That coupled with unreturned phone calls from both parties, well I am fed up. I have another call to more than one person at Crossroads to see if I can complain about the dealer, not that anything will really happen, it will make me feel a bit better, and to see if they will ship me the parts and I will install them. I've worked at many fix-it shops, I'm thinking I can handle it, you never know though. Nothing seems really that complicated on these units. The most complicated thing is the Slide and that seems fairly straight forward lol. Well we will see. I know my next camper won't be a Thor product lol.

2001 Chevy Suburban

Two Kids

One Wife

One Dog
jimmbo407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 06:09 AM   #20
Seasonal Camper

Duro tires are not only on entry level TTs. My buddy has a high dollar Carriage that came with Duro tires.