Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-05-2017, 12:02 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Water Lines - PSI Limit

Hello All,

I have a 2013 Zinger travel trailer set up on a seasonal site. The park has good water pressure. I am currently using a Camco Water Pressure Regulator. My water pressure and water flow is adequate but an improvement in both would be ideal. Especially in the shower. This past weekend I cleaned all of the taps and the shower head. They were all in good shape with no sediment or calcium build up visible or trapped by the screens. I am thinking about investing in a Valterra adjustable regulator with the attached gauge. My only concern is I have no idea what the recommended maximum psi is for my water lines. I have always assumed 45 psi to 50 psi is the limit. I could not find any answers in my manual other than the standard recommendation to use a regulator. I am very interested in any advice or experiences others would like to share. Last thing I want to do is create a leak! Thanks in advance.

Chip867 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 01:31 PM   #2
Site Team

They now sell a high flow water pressure regulator, don't know if that is what you have, but here is a link. Hi Flow Water Regulator - Lead Free - Valterra A01-1122VP - Faucets & Inlets - Camping World

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 05:13 PM   #3
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip867 View Post
Hello All,

I have a 2013 Zinger travel trailer set up on a seasonal site. The park has good water pressure. I am currently using a Camco Water Pressure Regulator. My water pressure and water flow is adequate but an improvement in both would be ideal. Especially in the shower. This past weekend I cleaned all of the taps and the shower head. They were all in good shape with no sediment or calcium build up visible or trapped by the screens. I am thinking about investing in a Valterra adjustable regulator with the attached gauge. My only concern is I have no idea what the recommended maximum psi is for my water lines. I have always assumed 45 psi to 50 psi is the limit. I could not find any answers in my manual other than the standard recommendation to use a regulator. I am very interested in any advice or experiences others would like to share. Last thing I want to do is create a leak! Thanks in advance.
The pex piping in your rv is rated at 100 psi if I recall, but the cheap a## plastic fittings they use aren't. I have an adjustable household regulator (cheaper than those at a rv store) that's set between 55-60 & no problems. Most city water is set at 50 -65 psi.
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 12:23 AM   #4
Gone Traveling

That so called regulator pictured above restricts water flow & those usually restrict too much after a busy season of use. Go to most any home improvement store & get a 3/4" household regulator ( most come preset at 55 psi) & hose fittings (mine cost about $35 4 years ago) & then you can adjust it til your satisfied. We've been to several parks recently that they had signs posted about the high water pressure, 90-110 psi & no way would I use one those restrictors on that kind of pressure.
Also get an Oxygenics shower head, they are awesome even with lower pressure.
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 01:49 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

Hi Mark and Susan,

Had a family matter come up .... sorry for delay responding. Thanks for the info you sent on the Valtarra high flow regulator.

Mike

Old 06-16-2017, 01:54 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

Denny and Linda,

Thanks for the reply and sorry for the delay responding. A family matter came up that needed my attention. I have heard good things about the oxygenics rv shower head and plan to pick one up as soon as I can. Also plan to investigate your suggestion with respect to the residential water regulator once I get a chance to head into Home Depot. Thanks again for you help.

Mike

Old 06-17-2017, 07:20 AM   #7
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
That so called regulator pictured above restricts water flow & those usually restrict too much after a busy season of use. Go to most any home improvement store & get a 3/4" household regulator ( most come preset at 55 psi) & hose fittings (mine cost about $35 4 years ago) & then you can adjust it til your satisfied. We've been to several parks recently that they had signs posted about the high water pressure, 90-110 psi & no way would I use one those restrictors on that kind of pressure.
Also get an Oxygenics shower head, they are awesome even with lower pressure.
I wholehardedly agree with travelin texans. I have had a Gates adjustable household regulator for 12 years now and an Oxygenic shower head also.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk