Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-20-2013, 06:48 AM   #1
New Camper

Well, we just struck a deal on a new 2012 Zinger ZT25SB. A little nervous as this is our first travel trailer coming from a pop-up. We didn't want to go this new, but couldn't pass up the deal on the layout we had been trying to find. Any must do's/don't do's for a couple first time TT owners?
bigsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:56 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

congrats on the new to you zinger. videotape your pdi. if it turns on, off, opens, closes or moves, have them demo it and you return the demo. have them show you the water pump and water heater bypass as well as how to winterized/dewinterize it. if they are installing a wdh for you, ave them hook it up,unhook it and then you hook and unhook it. pay attention to everything about that process. practice it again when you get it home. Chek it over really good for leaks,check all caulking seams, in cabinets etc. 1st trip out camp near a Walmart or home so you can get the things you find you still need.

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:22 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

Congratulations onyour new Zinger 25SB. We own the same trailer and have been very happy with our purchase. No problems with ours except for a crack in the dinet table. Lots of room inside with the kitchen in the back and the slide out. We have upgraded the mattress and added the wingard wingman to the tv antenna. Spend some time and read lots of the posts in this forum, learning from others issometimes cheaper than learning yourself.

Dave

2011 Dodge ram 1500
nowthatsarealzinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 01:57 PM   #4
New Camper

Thank you so much for the replies. I had actually thought of taking a video camera when we pick it up. Glad to hear someone else has the same model with no problems. We are very excited to get it and try it out.
bigsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 02:22 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

Send a message via MSN to susandeg Send a message via Yahoo to susandeg
My fiance' and I just bought a 2011 ZT250SB and went on our first camping trip last weekend. Wedidn't have any problems and had a really nice time. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to put on the skylight in the bedroom to cover it for the morning? Also, what type of upgrades have you done for the mattress? It's pretty hard.</span>
Thanks much. </span>
2011 Zinger 25SB
susandeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 02:29 PM   #6
Site Team

Look at this. http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/vent-cushion/26552

Works for us.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 02:38 PM   #7
Full Time Camper

For the mattress, we got a 2" foam mattress topper a Walmart.If you are talking about a vent in th bedroom, you can get a vent cover also, they come in white and smoke grey. Our smoke grey blocks some of the light (think tinted window). It also allows you to leave the vents open in the rain.We like the maxair covers. if that doesn't work you can try the vent cushion to block the light.

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 11:46 PM   #8
Weekend Camper

We have not found the need to cover the vent in the bedroom yet. By the time we hit the bed the sun is long gone and we are up before it gets to bright. A cover might be good for a noon nap now that I think about it.
The factory mattress was too soft and too short for someone 6'6" so I added about 6" to the bottom of the bed frame and installed a true queen matterss (60 x 80 inches). I will post some pictures next time we use the trailer.

Dave

2011 Dodge ram 1500
nowthatsarealzinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 02:11 AM   #9
Weekend Camper

Send a message via MSN to susandeg Send a message via Yahoo to susandeg
Thanks so much for the info, Dave. Your Zinger looks just like ours. I love all the good info.
Sue
susandeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 10:54 AM   #10
Full Time Camper

I for one only shop at CampingWorld when either Amazon or Walmart online doesn't carry what I'm looking for.

We bought a mattress from Amazon a few years ago. Free shipping, and free returns (at the time).

We love our mattress. Here's the link. It's a short queen to fit our old TT. Other sizes are available. For $192 bucks, you can't beat it. Anything comparable at CampingWorld is $650 or more.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0055XHBHC/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&amp;psc=1
OhioMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:18 AM   #11
New Camper

We finally picked up our TT on Saturday. Two and a half hour trip home from the dealer and it pulled great. We recorded the PDI like Anaro suggested. Very happy so far!
Old 06-10-2013, 01:30 AM   #12
Family Vacation Member

I wish I had had a PDI..... (Long story not worth repeating) anyway, we took our 2013 271bh to the local CG's a few times to make sure we wpould run into any issues that we would need to go to the "Store" and pick up and since that first trip we have gone about 4 times and still find ourselves picking up other things....as a matter of fact under this window I have CampingWorld open with a 150.00 dollar order sitting and waiting for me to commit. I don't think it ever stops...we always seem to need something. One thing we did to make sure we would use our camper was to get season passes at six flags and then camp at the local CG a few miles away so we'll always have an excuse to go camping!

Z1 owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 03:17 AM   #13
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken07734
I wish I had had a PDI..... (Long story not worth repeating) anyway, we took our 2013 271bh to the local CG's a few times to make sure we wpould run into any issues that we would need to go to the "Store" and pick up and since that first trip we have gone about 4 times and still find ourselves picking up other things....as a matter of fact under this window I have CampingWorld open with a 150.00 dollar order sitting and waiting for me to commit. I don't think it ever stops...we always seem to need something. One thing we did to make sure we would use our camper was to get season passes at six flags and then camp at the local CG a few miles away so we'll always have an excuse to go camping!
Most anything you buy at camping world, you can buy at Walmart a lot cheaper.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:56 AM   #14
Full Time Camper

If you can't find it at walmart, go to Amazon.com. They carry virtually everything you could want for much less cost and the shipping is generally free.
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
dalemac377 is offline   Reply With Quote