Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-02-2013, 10:42 AM   #1
Family Vacation Member

Well, we've pretty much completed our 1st summer in our new 32RL STR 5'ver. I frequent this forum often and have to be honest...I was expecting to have issues with our unit based on all the negatives I've read. We camped 7 different times this year, mostly 2 or 3 nights at a time with one 2 week stint over the 4th of July. Not once have we had any issues that I would consider a real "issue". I mean I've learned that the TV (Sansui) has to be unplugged prior to connecting or disconnecting the 50amp plug. That being as level as possible is the most critical thing to think about because of the slide outs. And finally, that electric awnings with the water sensors have to be watched! Our a/c worked perfectly all season as well as didthe heater did early in the season. We haven't had any leaks,every system onboard works just fine andboth the wife and I love the layout, the ease of towing, setting up and tearing down and the color scheme. We've still not seen another one in all the Northeast this season so we get loads of comments and requests to see the inside.
Just thought I'd share a positive note!

**WAS**2013 Sunset Trail Reserve SF32RL
**WAS**2011 Dodge 1500 Outdoorsman
**NOW** 2015 RAM 2500 6.7L CUMMINS TURBO DIESEL
Gcross1468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:09 AM   #2
Weekend Camper

Awesome! Congrats on a successful summer of camping - it's so great to hear!

Hubby and I are really enjoying our 2014 ST28BH travel trailer. Like you - so far nothing major. Just having a ball!

Wishing you and yours many years of fun, worry-free camping.
Edge2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 03:33 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Glad to hear the positive news. Enjoy!
Reese 16K Slider Wet Bolts
socoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:01 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

Glad to hear that also. After buying our unit and reading all of those neg. post we thought we were doomed. But only a few minor things, We have had awesome support from our dealer. I seen a 32RL 5er at Pirate Land in Myrtle beach, that was the only one we seen all year, We have been out on 12 trips so far, and have three more planed before we close shop. Happy Camping everyone !!