Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-29-2020, 04:57 PM   #1
New Camper

2010 Sunset Trail 24RB

Hey folks.

I own a 2010 Sunset Trail 24 RB and there are some items that need to be addressed and some items that I would like to address.

List of the needs:
1. The bottom of the slide has delaminated from the wood due to a leak that I believe to have fixed. Is there a way to reglue the fiberglass back to the wood and add some wood stabilizer?

2. There is small hole in the bottom of the wall on the driver side just passed the slide bext to the bed. What is the easiest way to repair this?

3. A/C: The unit is 10 years old and I kind of figure is is time for it to be replaced. But it runs cold for a little bit then gets warm and does not cool down the camper. What should I be looking for while trouble shooting. I have read about the warm/cold air mixing prior to the ducting but it worked as it should last season, and stopped right at the end and then continued on the first two trips of the season.

4. Easiest way to recaulk the camper and how to tell when my roof needs to be resealed.

Wants:
1. Larger battery box with two deep cycles, battery cut off switch and solar ready.

2. Move the axles to the last hole on the hangers. Is this possible? I'd like to get just a touch more ride height out of the camper, we have some hellacious curbs and road entrances in town.

3. The front passthrough is soft, the leak has been repaired and the front peice replaced by a prior owner. Is it just easier to drop another peice of 1/4 plywood on top of this?

4. Weld a hitch on the back for a rack for semi-permanant cooler mounting and move the bike rack to the front utliziing the jack mount type rack.

5. Update the entertainment system. We are kind of limited to TV size due to where it is located in the camper. We'd like to update the interior all together. But unsure about how much we can do that won't affect the resale value.

I'd appreciate all the input and look forward to working with you folks. I guess Ill just post updates here!

2010 Sunset Trail 24RB w/EAZ Lift WDH
2019 Ram 1500 4x4 HEMI w/Leer Cap
NATRDYSANDCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 01:00 AM   #2
Site Team

As for your want #2, here is the post from when I moved the spring shackle bolt position on my camper.

https://www.crossroadsowners.com/for...ade-14775.html

That change alone raised my camper over 1.5 inches.

2013 Silverado 2500HD LTZ CC 6.6L Duramax Diesel
2023 Rockwood 2445WS
Buster, miniature Dachshund
2024: 2 trips, 26 nights in 8 states, 4801 miles
2023: 9 trips, 48 nights in 12 states, 2 provinces, 8120 miles
2019: 7 trips, 43 nights in 6 states, 3904 miles
DavisK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 05:29 PM   #3
Site Team

1. Stabond is the suggested contact adhesive to use with Filon
  2. Bondo
  3. Blocked drain holes
  4. Dicor 501LSW-1 Lap Sealant.

1. Good proposal
  2. That can be done
  3. As long as it is stable and dry
  4. As long as it is welded to frame not bumper
  5. Updating based on resale and what your budget can afford. Don't over do it.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote