Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-05-2012, 01:52 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Our baby have to go in for some warranty work, I call Val at lazeey Acers on it and she was so polite in setting me up with the appointment also the people at Crossroads was very helpful to with the problem, I had no runaround from either on of them ////// so I could say big props to both Lazeey Acres & Crossroads so far.

Trini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:09 AM   #2
Seasonal Camper

I'm glad you had good luck. I brought my unit in there early august for a few repairs-- took over 2 weeks and was told some parts were ordered with a 2-3 week eta. The day after I brought it home; the parts arrived!!! and I am bringing it back in after this weekend for those ordered parts and for them to re-repair some of the items they made worse.

'11 Crossroads Cruiser CF325CK

https://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/...4/S4011042.jpg
happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:54 AM   #3
atc
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by happycampers
I'm glad you had good luck. I brought my unit in there early august for a few repairs-- took over 2 weeks and was told some parts were ordered with a 2-3 week eta. The day after I brought it home; the parts arrived!!! and I am bringing it back in after this weekend for those ordered parts and for them to re-repair some of the items they made worse.

Seems to be a common thing.
atc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:16 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

I guest am lucky so far it is the second time and they got all my parts sitting there, it is going in next week.

Old 09-18-2012, 11:00 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

Val at Layzee Acres has been great to work with and has been doing an amazing job.

Remember, the parts from the manufacturers and its them that usually slow things up.
Duey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:34 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

My new 25rb is sitting there right now getting a pre delivery inspection . I hope all is good as I haven't even seen this particular unit yet ( I did see one like it in Michigan and Lazee acres were so close to the US price , I went with them .
harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:29 AM   #7
atc
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duey

Val at Layzee Acres has been great to work with and has been doing an amazing job.

Remember, the parts from the manufacturers and its them that usually slow things up.

I have had no quams with Val she has been good. Its what I have seen from the actual service work that scares me. That being saidthe issue with my slides and slide system maybe the don't have the experience and facility to deal with them.
atc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:29 AM   #8
Seasonal Camper

When I brought my unit back in for the ordered parts and for the re-repairs, I made arrangements to pick it up last monday. I got there at 4:30 (they close at 5) and my unit still hadn't moved in the 3 days. A technician had to stay late to finish the repairs. Val still forgot to order one item. Fortunately, it was only a wire guide under the Living room slide. I used some zip ties to tidy up the wiring and all is well now. Val couldn't even find my work order and it took her 20 mins to locate the parts that she ordered.
I am glad you guys are having good luck with Val. I haven't had any luck with her or Lee.

Old 10-14-2012, 11:09 AM   #9
Full Time Camper

Got my 25rb on the 28th of Sept ,delivered to my door from Layzee Acres (5 hrs from me). Alot of mix-ups from the start ...no keys for one., thankfully the unit was unlocked. They were supposed to give me a telephone walk thru , but never happened . Salesman stopped returning my calls and emails right after the money was transferred...convenient.. Val was a big help getting things expedited with the help of Kevin in parts . Pdi was a little shabby(and I asked the sales rep to double check for me as I wouldn't even see it till it arrived).Table lift had bearings on the carpet from a broken little wheel inside, dinette seat back comes away from the slide wall when the slide is "in". black tank flush leaked alot when I tried it meaning the tech never tested it...A

ND nobody told me where the antenna booster switch was ...found it myself today ...(above the swivel TV)

Hope all else goes ok ...
Old 10-14-2012, 11:19 PM   #10
Family Vacation Member

Placed a call to Val at Lazy Acres a couple of weeks ago, left a message, still waiting to hear back. This is not the first time they have ignored my calls.

2007 Chev 2500 HD, D/A 4x4

2011 Cruiser CF30SK Provincial.

https://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/...way/th_014.jpg
Rambleaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:41 AM   #11
Full Time Camper

Did talk to Val last week , apparently Kevin from parts is no longer there and Val is doing both jobs till the parts job get filled.Thats all I need to know as to why the calls were late, ...a sinple explanation goes a long way .

It was a rainy few days at Algonquin Prov park...tarps kept us dry.
Wayne --Belle River (Windsor), Ontario
2013 Sunset Trail Reserve 25RB..(just sold it)
2015 White Chev Silverado 2500HD 4x4 (6.0 l gasser)
2003 Mountain Star 890SBRX Truck Camper
Old 10-23-2012, 07:54 AM   #12
Weekend Camper

Well I pick up my 2012 30 RE today, they replace the rear panel and the slide seal, Brian at Lazeey Acres did a super job and am very happy with it, I wont think twice to perches another unit from them, I have to say thanks to Tom from Crossroads and Val & Brian from Lazeey Acres for doing a fantastic job, big up to all of them.

Old 10-23-2012, 11:49 AM   #13
Site Team

Which Tom from CR are referring to??

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:25 AM   #14
Weekend Camper

I don't know his last name,he was one of Crossroads Rep I met him at the RV trade show, Thomas the owner of Layzee Acres was there also.

Old 02-27-2013, 08:11 AM   #15
New Camper

I've heard that last year they lost 4 longtime experienced employee's during the process of I think one of their best years. As far as the best quality and experienced workmanship "Brian' is the best there. Their very understaffed for their sales volume but seem to be the cheapest sales, so .......
rvguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:23 AM   #16
New Camper

The rep there with them from CR is Tim , not Tom. He is a great rep for CR and seems to really care about their products and customers and is not just a salespersom from a dealership for sure. Much better.
rvguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:32 AM   #17
Family Vacation Member

One of the service guy's named Josh was going into sales I believe. Val is good, but busy since Kevin left.
I do like that they included the freight and pdi in their price. Also swapped my dual cam no charge. Last dealer charged me $200 to do dual cam install, and $1200 freight and pdi.
I keep learning!
Old 02-27-2013, 10:46 AM   #18
Seasonal Camper

Josh has been a good mechanic for me, he gave me a few spare closet door catches last time I was there and a roll of tape to match my wood grain.
I must be the only one having bad luck with Val, she forgets my unit is there, loses work orders, forgets to order parts. tells me my unit will require parts shipped from the factory and will take 3 to 6 weeks, but its ready in 3 days and tells me I was lucky to get the part that fast. the mechanic tells me they're in stock. If I remember correctly it was an ignitor for the stove. She tried to convince me to pay a $400 bill because my warranty had expired and the 3rd party warranty I paid extra for won't cover it. Tries to convince me the warranty starts when we sign papers and not when I pick up the unit 5 months later.
The list goes on.....

Anyway, Was Kevin the parts guy?

Old 02-28-2013, 08:05 AM   #19
Family Vacation Member

Yes he was in parts. Left in Sept.