Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-26-2016, 03:55 PM   #1
New Camper

2012 fL28

So I bought my first brand new trailer back in 2012. The sunset trail FL28 , it had what I needed as I use it for work. However the trailer has been the biggest piece of junk I have ever spent my hard earned money on. The list of things that went wrong in the first year are as follows
The leather sofa had the arm rests replaced as no padding was put in and the leather all split

The window seals all shrank and had to be replaced.

The front nose cap was replaced as all the paint cracked.

The shower has leaked since I bought the trailer

The decor inside all bubbled

The guttering leaked

Staples sticking out of the panels.

Holes not filled in

So that was the first year. Now the majority of the issues were fixed under warranty. However apparently a shower that leaks is a maintenance issue and was not covered. Guttering that leaks is a maintenance issue, decor bubbling was a maintenance issue. Now I went back to work and my RV dealership said the shower was fixed at thier cost ( it wasn't and still leaks to this day) the decor is still bubbled and looks like crap.

So moving on to last year, I started to rain pretty hard when I got in after a 14 hour work day and was sat on my sofa when all of a sudden water starts pouring in. Well after some investigation I find that the sealant where the nose cap joins the roof is holed and the water was getting in through there.

The standard of warranty by both crossroads and my dealership is terrible. Everything was a MAINTENANCE ISSUE, I'm sooty but a shower that has leaked since the first day of ownership is not my fault. Guttering that leaked from day one is not my fault. Decor that bubbled is not my fault.

Needless to say I am stuck with a piece of crap trailer that I will lose money on if I try to sell it. I will never buy oe of these trailers again, or recommend your brand to anyone. Oh and to top it off last night I went to put my Jacks up and found the switch had all corroded out due to the brilliant placement of them being outside in the elements

😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠
Upset owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 06:26 PM   #2
Site Team

Wow, sounds like you really got the lemon of an Rv. Don't know what you can do about it now, but you really have a right to complain.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 08:11 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

Sorry to hear about all the troubles!!
Back when it was still under warrantee did you talk with Crossroads yourself or were you getting info from your dealer? Some of this sounds more like a dealer related issue not wanting to put in a claim.
98% of all RV companies have quality problems as we all know and it always cost us money in the long run but I do have to say that we have had many, many issues with ours since new but finally got most of the bugs worked out. I didn't deal with my dealer after purchase since we are 450 miles apart.
We have a 2014 Crossroads Redwood and so far Redwood stepped up and repaired every problem we had except the ones I wanted to fix myself. I did have to bring it back to the factory service center and those guys are great to deal with.

Steve