Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-21-2012, 02:59 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Well I have it one month now. Have not taken a trip yet. To add to all the other issues Today my larger slide got stuck in the open position. Was on the phone with Lippert tech support twice this morning and the only thing to do was to disconnect both motors. It took SIX BIG GUYS a half hour to push it in so I can take it to the dealer tomorrow. Good thing I was stuck in my driveway at home. This is just the icing on the cake. It is all poor quality manufacturing.
I won't go into the other issues but the list is 2 pages long. I am beside myself.
Good thing I was not boon docking or I would have lost it. Road side assistance can not help you get the slide in. It can not be towed with the slide out. Do yourself a favor and plan what to do if this happens to you on a trip. I watched Lipperts youtube videos on what to do. They make it look easy. No Way. It took six strong guys 1/2 hour to push it in.

Old 10-22-2012, 08:20 AM   #2
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by momojito
Well I have it one month now. Have not taken a trip yet. To add to all the other issues Today my larger slide got stuck in the open position. Was on the phone with Lippert tech support twice this morning and the only thing to do was to disconnect both motors. It took SIX BIG GUYS a half hour to push it in so I can take it to the dealer tomorrow. Good thing I was stuck in my driveway at home. This is just the icing on the cake. It is all poor quality manufacturing.
I won't go into the other issues but the list is 2 pages long. I am beside myself.
Good thing I was not boon docking or I would have lost it. Road side assistance can not help you get the slide in. It can not be towed with the slide out. Do yourself a favor and plan what to do if this happens to you on a trip. I watched Lipperts youtube videos on what to do. They make it look easy. No Way. It took six strong guys 1/2 hour to push it in.

Probably got stuck because something is in/binding with the tracks.
This would also be the reason why it would be so hard to push in, because you have to force those gears to bite into the track.

I'm sure it's pretty easy if the bottom of the slide was at ground level (which it will never be) and if the tracks were perfectly fine and just the motor died (which is not very likely either). Seems the video shows the fix for the best case scenario.
wikdslo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:49 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

I feel your pain. Same thing happened to me with my 2011 st25rb. The slide motor quit and it took several people pushing in the slide while someone was holding the slide in button to manually muscle the slide in.200 miles later, the dealer popped the slide motor cap off and was able to free the seized motor. Using the same motor, I have camped about 10 times since with no issues. The motors are small and located in the walls which makes them hard to access especially with the slide stuck out. I hope it never happens again. Extra day off work and $150 mobile tech fee (to help push slide in) warranty would not cover. Maybe I should have been more aggressive.