Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-27-2017, 07:44 AM   #1
New Camper

2013 Sunset Trail 29SS rear jack fuse location

Good morning. I have bought a new to me 2013 Sunset Trail 29SS and the rear stabilizer jacks don't work. I suspect it is a fuse / circuit breaker issue, but I can't find either (I assume they are there, but not sure). I have looked at the front off of the positive on the battery and only find the tongue jack fuse. I have looked at the back by the jack motor and don't see anything before the wire disappears into the enclosed underbelly. I have exchanged the switch for the front jacks and the switch works.

Any help/troubleshooting ideas are helpful.

Thanks,
CC
CanuckCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 09:03 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Don't have electric stabilizer jacks but the 12v fuse should be on the electrical panel. They are small automotive type fuses (spade).
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 09:36 AM   #3
Gone Traveling

Google the manufacturer of the jack, will be better than CR or your dealer. I doubt if the fuse would in the fuse panel as those jacks are usually an option & they would in no way add wire to something that may or may not be used, might cost 15 cents.
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 04:20 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

If I remember correctly , there is a bunch of wires by the switch . Find the 2 that go to the motor and hook them to a battery,with inline fuse ,and see if the motor actually works . Water can get in them thru the wire opening and mess it up .

It was a rainy few days at Algonquin Prov park...tarps kept us dry.
Wayne --Belle River (Windsor), Ontario
2013 Sunset Trail Reserve 25RB..(just sold it)
2015 White Chev Silverado 2500HD 4x4 (6.0 l gasser)
2003 Mountain Star 890SBRX Truck Camper
harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 08:44 PM   #5
Family Vacation Member

Smile

On our ST25RB, there is a control board (circuit board) that is located under bottom drawer (under fridge on our model). Need to remove drawer first to access it, This control board has numerous plug in auto style fuses for: front stabilizer, one for rear stabilizer, fuse for slide motors, and awning.

If you have a remote that controls stabilizer jacks, slide & awning, this board is where you would point remote when using it.

Hope this helps some Good luck!
Equal-i-zer hitch
Tonemeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 07:04 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

My '12 ST29SS is in the shop for new shoes, a Sealtech leak test and a few niggly items - one of which is the rear power jack. It started to go down, then stopped and wouldn't go in either direction. So I used WD-40 and manually cranked it a little up/down. It then worked a little before stopping again. As I had a lot going on I just manually lowered & raised. Next day tried again an nothing. I waited because some have said there's a timed-fuse to help protect the motor? Apparently this is a 6A (max) inline fuse close by, but I didn't find it. The shop tested the switch etc. and I have power all the way through to the motor - which apparently has gone bad.

Unfortunately they don't do replacement motors and you're looking at $400-$600+ for a new power jack as it comes as a complete kit!! The only other option I've read about so far is to find someone who can re-wind/ re-build the motors, usually at a cost of $100-200.

I think for now that I may just manually wind it up/down and maybe fit a cordless drill with an attachment to do it if it becomes too cumbersome. Now as I grew up caravaning (UK), one of the kids jobs was to wind up/down the legs. So I may just delegate the manual job to one of my kids, you know, so that I don't rob them of such happy memories!!
Prev.: '05 GMC Yukon XL 2500 Quadrasteer
CenterLine HD (original)
1 wife, 5 kids, 1 rescue lab-mix
FezUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 07:26 AM   #7
New Camper

Thank you Tonemeister! I found the fuse's under the drawer in the kitchen. I replaced both and sadly that wasn't the issue. I have heard people talk about a circuit breaker, but don't know what that would look like or where that would be. Unfortunately I now think it might be the motor.

Thanks for everyone's input.
CanuckCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 01:00 PM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by FezUSA View Post

Unfortunately they don't do replacement motors and you're looking at $400-$600+ for a new power jack as it comes as a complete kit!! The only other option I've read about so far is to find someone who can re-wind/ re-build the motors, usually at a cost of $100-200.
Actually, they do sell replacement motors. Here is an example. https://accessories.lazydays.com/rep...FRJMDQodZeAFSg

and https://www.amazon.com/Lippert-13844.../dp/B00JMHFEXA

Do a google search for your brand and model and I'm sure you'll find one.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 02:11 PM   #9
Weekend Camper

Thanks Mark. I had seen ones for non-Lippert motors, but guess I didn't search too well for Lippert ones (which is what I need) and just went on what they told me at CR, the two dealerships I spoke with and various forums when looking up troubleshooting process!

Once I pick it up this weekend I'll have to take a closer look to see which Lippert model it is and see if I can find a compatible one. You'd have thought a service department would know about them as they could sell them with markup and then charge to install them

Love these forums and the people that contribute positively.
Prev.: '05 GMC Yukon XL 2500 Quadrasteer
CenterLine HD (original)
1 wife, 5 kids, 1 rescue lab-mix
FezUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 05:16 AM   #10
Family Vacation Member

Hey CanuckCamper, should you have to replace your rear stabilizer motor, you may want to check your stabilizer extend/retract switch location on trailer. If your 2 switches (one front & one rear) are mounted outside on trailer near stabilizer jacks, then that is what may have caused your motor to "burn" out. We had to replace both front & rear jack motors on our trailer's inaugural trip (under warranty, thankfully), before we realized outside switches were getting wet & slush (snow) from road as we were driving and switches were getting corroded to the point they would operate the jacks & burn motors out! VERY POOR location for those switches. I removed both outside switches totally & just use the remote to extend or retract the stabilizers. (always sure to keep a spare remote battery). Some members relocated switches into waterproof electrical boxes or moved them into basement storage.
Just my 2 pennies worth of advice! Good luck!
Equal-i-zer hitch
Tonemeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 09:15 AM   #11
Full Time Camper

It was a rainy few days at Algonquin Prov park...tarps kept us dry.
Wayne --Belle River (Windsor), Ontario
2013 Sunset Trail Reserve 25RB..(just sold it)
2015 White Chev Silverado 2500HD 4x4 (6.0 l gasser)
2003 Mountain Star 890SBRX Truck Camper
harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 09:32 PM   #12
New Camper

HI there

Did you ever find the problem? I have a similar issue with the jack motor and from what I can see there is supposed to be a relay or an inline fuse on the power line going to the jack motor. However I don't want to have to rip the under flooring out to get at it or trace it. I know there is a module under the drawer but where is the relay as both of those fuses are fine?
jjbojangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 09:36 PM   #13
New Camper

Did you replace the switch as well or just the motor? I found a burnt out motor on mine and replaced it but now it won't function so I suspect its the relay but can't find the Relay hoping someone knows where it is.
jjbojangles is offline   Reply With Quote