Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2023, 04:16 PM   #1
New Camper

2013 sunset trail bunkhouse leak

I have been struggling with a leak in the back corner on the slide side for over a year. All the caulking looks good and it does not appear to be coming from the slide. I did at one point find a lot of water under the exterior corner seal / d seal strip. I created a 1/8 " drain at the bottom an sealed all the screws. I am thinking of taking the exterior floor and corner seals off and resealing. Both sides had the underfloor insulation removed as it was saturated. I recently just redid the self leveling caulking where the corner meets the top and all that looked good anyway. Kind of at a loss to determine where this water is getting in. The clear caulking around the window looks good but I also wondering it its worth pulling the window and resealing. The wood is not rotten yet but getting close.
Clcutlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2023, 01:44 PM   #2
New Camper

2014 Sunset Trail 32BH leaking Bunkhouse

Hi
I have the exact same problem as you. My wife was making the bed in the bunkhouse last year and her foot went through the floor. I removed the canvas from the floor and also removed some of the interior sheeting from the back wall. The issue with the floor was the pink insulation . it was wet for few years and rotted the 5/8 plywood. I removed the pink insulation from the floor and the wall. I also removed the insulation under the outside kitchen as it was wet. I done a lot of chalking last year and have the leak almost figured out. I still have a little dampness in the back top corner and can't figure out where it is coming from. I'm trying to get a pressure test done on the trailer to figure out if there are any more leaks but not easy getting someone to come to the site to do it. I can't really start the repairs until I have the pressure test completed . I will send you some pictures when I get a chance.

What model trailer do you have?
Harvey_3344 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sunset trail leak