Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-07-2014, 02:12 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

2014 Sunset Trail Reserve 33BD issues

Has anyone had any issues with the decals peeling off? My 2014 has 2 trips on it and the main Sunset Trail sticker on the front as well as both if the blue streaks are starting to peel off.

Also, has anyone noticed a "spongy" or strange feeling in the floor directly between the island and the bunkhouse door? Not sure if it a seam or if we have an issue or not....

There are several more that I have to take back to the dealer for like the rubber seals on the slide are getting chewed up, the decorative plastic panels above the weeks were cracked at the factory where the screws were over tightened, when it ran is and the BH slide is closed there is a tablespoon of water on the floor etc but I thought I would ask about the decals and the floor.

Thanks for the help!!
Old 06-07-2014, 05:20 PM   #2
Weekend Camper

Get the repairs done ASAP. Believe me, we have had a lot of problems with our Sunset Trail travel trailer. You need to keep all records of all repairs done. We have problems with our floor due to leakage from delamination.

Best of luck to you.
iuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 06:31 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

What year is your trailer??? Outside of what I have mentioned we seem to have faired pretty well compared to some of the other stories I hear. Fortunately, Crossroads seem to have great customer service so far in addition to me having a 7 year warranty.....hopefully I'm in good shape

Most of them Crossroads is already aware of....the only new ones are the stickers and the floor however I plan on adding that to the list ASAP as well!!!

They gave us the option if finishing out the summer prior to the repairs as I'm sure if we started now, our summer would be blown since our camping season us virtually 4 months at best!!!
Old 06-08-2014, 07:35 AM   #4
New Camper

Hi Gsxrgrizz,

We have a 2014 31ss reserve. We were considering the 33bd but the weight and extra length wasn't worth it to me. The seals on the slide outs do a pretty good job of stopping the water sitting in the roof from getting in, but some always seems to get in. I just get up there from the bed of my pickup and sweep it off before closing up. I've noticed a couple of spongy spots, but fortunately ours are in less traffic areas ( like right next to the island ). My big problem is the left side of both slides get hung up on closing. The wire chase for the motor gets stuck to the seal. It will stop the slide from coming in. For now I run it in about 6 inches and then run my hand up to separate it. I'll get it fixed after the season. I thought about slide toppers, but the 12' slide out will cost some bucks, and some of the ones I've seen the water just pools on the top. Maybe your seals are getting caught and that is chewing them up? Good luck
laswiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 07:51 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by laswiz View Post
Hi Gsxrgrizz,

We have a 2014 31ss reserve. We were considering the 33bd but the weight and extra length wasn't worth it to me. The seals on the slide outs do a pretty good job of stopping the water sitting in the roof from getting in, but some always seems to get in. I just get up there from the bed of my pickup and sweep it off before closing up. I've noticed a couple of spongy spots, but fortunately ours are in less traffic areas ( like right next to the island ). My big problem is the left side of both slides get hung up on closing. The wire chase for the motor gets stuck to the seal. It will stop the slide from coming in. For now I run it in about 6 inches and then run my hand up to separate it. I'll get it fixed after the season. I thought about slide toppers, but the 12' slide out will cost some bucks, and some of the ones I've seen the water just pools on the top. Maybe your seals are getting caught and that is chewing them up? Good luck
The trailer I have now has slide toppers, but only because it came with them. I don't know how much real good they do. Unless you are getting a gentle shower of rain with no wind, you are going to end up with water on the slide roof anyway, as well as a saggy awning that has to be cleaned off. I always thought I wanted them on my other campers, but never would spend the money. Now I see that they are really only good for looks.
Valley 16K slider
Ride-Rite air bags
mike06081969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 09:21 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

The only spongy place I've felt is also in a low traffic area but it bugs me knowing it is there!!! As for the slide seals, it looks like they are getting caught in the gear track when coming in. I wonder if the slide is slightly out of alignment as it is on the right side of both slides only.

What's your guys thoughts on leaving the slides out for about 3-4 months? Our trailer is parked for the summer at our lake lot then come back to our house 3 hours away for the winter.
Old 06-08-2014, 04:43 PM   #7
New Camper

I'm sure more experienced folks will have better advice, but I think it's sealed better with the slides out. When they're in, only the rubber flaps and that little bit of plastic is sealing it. But when they're out, you have that large seal and positive contact against the wall. Two pieces of homework though... Go to Lipperts website (or YouTube) and learn how the slide outs work. Namely how to disengage them, how to troubleshoot the control, and where the control is (mine is under the entertainment center). Think of what you would do when a 42" slide is stuck out!
laswiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 06:10 PM   #8
Weekend Camper

hi everyone we bought the 33bd as it fits our family perfectly but I am less then impressed with the final product. crossroads quality control sucks. we have had many issues in less than a year. water pump, furnace, skylight leak, slide out leak, plastic wire guides under slides broke, squeaky floor, leaky sink supply lines, leaky drain on island sink, cracked outside shower hose nut the list could go on. like all of you we spent a lot of our hard earned money on this thing to have so many problems. our old no frills 2007 wildwood 27bhss had only a few issues and we lived in it while building a house for close to 13 months. I have had do make all of my own repairs because of the distance to the dealer. lucky for us it is parked inside when not in use, I feel like I would have had more issues if not. oh well I guess.
ajakarr is offline   Reply With Quote