Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-08-2022, 01:10 PM   #1
New Camper

2015 Sunset Trail 240bi

Hello, new here….I figured out our issue here in this forum but wanted to log on to see if I could get a little more help. We bought a 2015 240bi travel trailer and discovered the issue of the shower being plumbed to the black tank. I saw on previous threads that after a lot of work; some folks got theirs re-routed to the grey tank. I have called Crossroads Corporate and they were zero help. They just kept telling me that it wasn’t an error, it’s to code and they wouldn’t pay to fix it. My local service dealers haven’t heard of the problem and of course are 3 months out. How did others get theirs fixed? My husband is handy, is it something that we could accomplish.
Thanks in advance!
stacymich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 01:52 PM   #2
Site Team

You'll have to remove the bottom covering of the rv. Check where the drain of the shower is and see if there is space to route over to the gray tank pipe.
If there is space and you are handy, it should be no problem to reroute the drain pipe and cap off the pipe that goes to the black tank,

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 04:13 PM   #3
Site Team

Hello and welcome!

As Mark said if you are handy and it is possible the line may be able to be rerouted.

After looking at the floor plan for your camper it came with 1 black 26 gallon and 1 gray 26 gallon. Not sure with the way the bath is laid out but it looks like to get from the shower to the gally tank the black tank is in the way.

Keep us posted as to what you find.
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 09:40 PM   #4
Site Team

The key question may be is where does the bathroom sink connect to the gray tank. You may be able to tap into the bathroom sink pipe.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 10:23 PM   #5
New Camper

Ok, thank you. We will have to get under there to take a look.
stacymich is offline   Reply With Quote