Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-29-2023, 11:48 AM   #1
New Camper

2017 Sunset Trail 291RK - Paint Codes and LP Quick Disconnect

Hello, our decals are fading and cracking and I would like to remove, sand and paint over them. But I need the paint codes to match as best as possible.

Also, so I can use the larger tanks on my trailer, what item is needed to connect to the LP Quick connect port located near the outside grill/sink to hook up a portable BBQ?

Thanks in advance!!
Old 03-29-2023, 04:39 PM   #2
Site Team

My understanding is that there is not a paint code becouse it is not paint it is a gel coat like on a boat. If you go to the top of the page you will find the search tab. Just put in "Paint Code" and you will get about 17 pages. You can narrow that down by only looking in the "Sunset Trail" section.

On the tanks maybe. You would need a longer threaded rod and be sure to check the clearance. Also the hose from the regulator to the camper may not be long enough.

You will need a hose and the quick connect fitting that is correct for your camper. My camper does not have it so someone with it hopefully will reply or again check the search for "Quick Connect" and see what you find.
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 09:19 AM   #3
Site Team

dagst5 is correct. There isn't such a thing available to us. If you had a unit with a (full body paint job) then you might be able to get paint codes.
If you are on good terms with any of the local body shops, they might be able to match the colors for you.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 04:09 PM   #4
Family Vacation Member

I took my trailer to an O'Reilly auto store. The guy in the paint department uses a "scanner" of some kind to capture the paint color and then mixed the paint for me. He did it wrong the first time (I had already painted the 3' x 3' area. He re-did the test and mixed up another batch.
So my trailer is white - the color ended up being: "Arctic White". Nason brand. This is a FastDry, Acrylic Enamel, SS. The SS means the paint contains a clear coat, UV inhibitor that rises to the surface as the paint dries. It's not a prefect match, but it's close enough for me.
- there are several YouTube videos that demonstrate how to repaint RV decals (if you do it before they start peeling off).

Good luck.
Dustin

Dustin and Doris

2018 Crossroads, Sunset Trail 33CK,
38', 7600 lbs empty, 8300 lbs loaded.
2016 Tundra: 5.7L with towing package with added "Roadmaster Active Suspension"
toolman.dustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 04:36 PM   #5
Family Vacation Member

This is a very good video on how to repaint your decals. I watched it a few times as I'm considering doing this. BTW, if you're going to repaint all of them you can use any color you want, so I don't see why you have to match the color. I met a couple in Minnesota with a trailer covered with various sizes and colors of poka-dots. Some dots were 3" and others were 8" and all sized in between. It looked "cute". I asked. The wife said all the decals had faded and cracked so she just removed them and ordered multicolor, mulit size poka-dots and stuck them all over. It looked nice. So, don't feel you have to put it back the way it was.

Best of luck.
Dustin

Dustin and Doris

2018 Crossroads, Sunset Trail 33CK,
38', 7600 lbs empty, 8300 lbs loaded.
2016 Tundra: 5.7L with towing package with added "Roadmaster Active Suspension"
toolman.dustin is offline   Reply With Quote