Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-13-2020, 11:43 AM   #1
New Camper

Angry 2019 262BH Soft Floor

Hi all, have a less than one year old Sunset Trail 262BH. Purchased it in October 2019 and have camped 20 nights in it this summer. Brought it back to the dealer for some warranty issues, one of which was what I thought was vinyl that was coming up in the bedroom, however dealer says it is actually the Floor that is soft. Dealer is telling me that it needs to go back to Keystone factory for a repair.....

Anyone have or hear of this issue before or have a trailer go back to the factory???

I'll add that there was absolutley no water entering the trailer from inside the cabin..

Any help or thoughts are appreciated.
Old 08-13-2020, 11:59 AM   #2
Site Team

Within the first year of owning it my sisters Puma (Forest River) had a soft spot in the bath. Was later determined to be a leak in the tub drain. Never seen any water but it made a soft spot in the floor. The factory came from Indiana to Missouri and picked it up and rebuilt the floor and delivered it back to them. Now that was a few years back and a different manufacture . A few years back we toured the crossroads factory and they had some there for "factory repairs"

Good luck!
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 12:22 PM   #3
New Camper

Thanks! I get the feeling that this is going to be a PITA - will keep everyone posted. Headed to get the trailer from the dealer tomorrow so we can camp this weekend....

How did your sisters repair turn out? FR Factory do a good job?
Old 08-13-2020, 12:38 PM   #4
Site Team

Came back good as new. They even put new tires and wheels on it.
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 02:02 PM   #5
New Camper

I have a 253rb had a soft floor. Found it was 3/4 of the total floor space the was wet/soft. It was determined that the black tank flush on the rear was leaking in to the walls. They had the dealership take pictures and check what the needed check. So after 4-1/2 months I get a call from the factory telling me they are replacing the camper with a new 2020 model. Just keep calling warranty asking for updates.
Jhayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 10:46 AM   #6
New Camper

Wow, i heard that was a possibility as well. Did you get your new camper yet?
Not sure if I will be in that situation, as it seems to be just a small portion of my floor in the Front Bedroom. I saw where the dealer pealed back the under protective barrier on the under side of the camper and I was shocked at how badly it was disintegrating in that area. Key Stone has already contacted me and we are arranging for them to pick it up and take it back to the factory in Indiana ( hopefully after camping season) we'll see what happens.
Old 08-14-2020, 11:15 AM   #7
New Camper

Yes we got it in Dec 2019 fro the factory. An so far it has been a good one no problems. We go upgrades that was not on ours. Been out camping 5 times so far this year.
Jhayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 05:47 PM   #8
Weekend Camper

We have a 2019 Sunset Trail 289QB and like you had maybe 20 or trips on it and our floor in the MBR and going into the main cabin has gone soft. The floor is made of 1 1/2" styrofoam sandwiched between two 1/16" sheets of luan then covered with the vinyl. It seems overtime the styrofoam is breaking down. Light weight but a bad design. We are in the process of contacting Crossroads for a warranty claim. Probably be a pain the A... If you look on YouTube there are some (dealers and individuals) take up the vinyl and drill a grid of holes in the soft areas. Then they inject a resin into the holes to solidify the styrofoam then put the vinyl back. I am assuming if it has to go back to the factory they would be replacing the entire floor with I hope something different. Good luck.
Old 10-12-2020, 01:34 PM   #9
New Camper

Latest Victim

I have 2018 Sunset Trail Grand Reserve 26SI, same issues, bubbling vinyl, soft spots. Our biggest concern is owing on this, luckily extended warranty, but they do not make our model anymore. Does anyone have any suggestions or relatable experience?
h3is3m2n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 04:49 PM   #10
Weekend Camper

Next victim

Sorry to bring up an old thread but we're rolling up on 2 years ownership and had a soft bubbling floor in the bathroom and near the bathroom at the slideout. This has been an issue since 2020, we took ownership in late 2019.

We did put in a claim at the dealer last year for floor failure on the slideout side. This included a small portion that actually ripped away from the wall in the main bedroom.. The dealer only mentioned the ripped part and now we are stuck with no options for the bubbling. Warranty told us to put a piece of trim to cover the rip.

Needless to say at near 2 years ownership crossroads/keystone is telling us to take a hike as it isn't structural..
Squatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2023, 08:39 AM   #11
Weekend Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to Davelevandoskiayahoo.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSTrail262BH View Post
Hi all, have a less than one year old Sunset Trail 262BH. Purchased it in October 2019 and have camped 20 nights in it this summer. Brought it back to the dealer for some warranty issues, one of which was what I thought was vinyl that was coming up in the bedroom, however dealer says it is actually the Floor that is soft. Dealer is telling me that it needs to go back to Keystone factory for a repair.....

Anyone have or hear of this issue before or have a trailer go back to the factory???

I'll add that there was absolutley no water entering the trailer from inside the cabin..

Any help or thoughts are appreciated.
When in 2019 did you purchase it?
They have floor seals that have failed.i purchased mine in march 2019. I called customer service ,i took it back to dealer they talked with manufacture.they were in agreement that floor was bad.i dropped it off at dealer in November.I will get it back in s few weeks.
Keystone made arrangements to pick up replaced floor,replaced all n ew vinyl floor,anything that was caused by band flooring.they through in 4 new tires and rims.they extended warranty top same as new 3years structural and m1 year for other systems.none of it at my expense ,Keystone was pleasure to deal with. 5 stars
Old 04-24-2023, 09:21 AM   #12
New Camper

Hi,
I am handy but old..lol I can't take on a big flooring project like you guys are describing. Has anyone found a place that will take out both slides and replace the entire rotted flooring?

My Sunset Trail is a 2014. We just got it the way we like it. With new heavy duty axles and wheels, towing is close to perfect. We would spend the money to fix the floor if we could find a place to do the work.

Thanks,
Steve J
Kahuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 09:38 AM   #13
Site Team

Have you done any checking around for mobile techs in the area? There are some of those guys out that are very handy and knowledgeable.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 09:59 AM   #14
New Camper

mobile techs no go

Yes. I just took the RV to a location in south NJ to have a mobile guy, who does floor replacements, look at it. He said I need to take it to a large indoor facility which can handle complete removal of both slides. Something to do with Swintec slides needing a fork lift or 5 guys to lift it off the RV.
Kahuna is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
factory, floor, soft floor