Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2018, 12:30 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Antenna/Satellite questions

Hi, I apologize in advance for this loooonnnnng thread, but I have mutliple questions on the same topic: Television/Antenna/Satellite

we have had our Sunset Trail Reserve (25') for 2 years, this is our 3rd summer with it though. We have yet to figure out how to dial in channels on the television. When we picked it up at the dealership, the technician had it dialed in to channels and showed us how to do it, however no matter where we are, we can't get any channels with the "auto search" function he showed us. Is there anywhere online we can go to find channels in the location we are at the time and just type in the coordinates (from what I remember, the channels he had dialed in had decimal point numbers behind them).

Also, because we can't get this to work, has anyone ever tried one of those types of HD antennas that you stick to the window? If so, are they worth trying?

Last but not least, because of the above, we are toying with the idea of buying a satellite for the trailer, but because we are located in Canada (New Brunswick) and we travel both sides of the border with our trailer, we need a unit that will work both in Canada and the USA. We were looking at a Winegard G3 and a Wally through Dish, but someone said they won't work in Canada. If we get a system compatible with Bell in Canada, it won't work in the US, and we'd have to have 2 different receivers, that's too expensive. Anyone know if Dish Network will work in Canada if we purchase one of those.
fastcatkerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 07:35 AM   #2
Weekend Camper

Yes, dish network will work in NB. I live in New Brunswick as well, near the border with Maine. At one time I had many friends who had subscriptions to dish network. Bell will also work in the US. A normal bell dish will pick up the Bell satellites(82 and 91) and the same dish will also work with the dish network satellites(110 and 119).
Brox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 11:26 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

As for the antenna, I had the same problem, I couldn't get any channels, maybe it's our location. I camp near Fredericton, I spent most last summer trying to figure the antenna out. I now have a bell satellite. Our 2012 Sunset trail has an entertainment center just as you walk in. I had to look up above the tv, where the coax comes out of the ceiling, and unhook the antenna booster. I think I had 3 coax wires coming into the booster. I unhooked the coax that said tv in and added a coax coupler to that wire and hooked it up to my bell receiver. Your trailer maybe wired for satellite, mine was too, but I still had to do this to get mine to work.
Brox is offline   Reply With Quote