Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-16-2021, 05:15 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

bathroom sink

i have a sunset trail 212rb 2021 slight bit of water seeping from faucet base and counter.Would something need tighting please advise
Bassboat5193 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 06:03 AM   #2
Seasonal Camper

It's possible. The sink faucet is almost identical to a residential style sink. There should just be fittings on the backside you tighten.

A basin wrench will make the process easier but be careful not to over-tighten. It may be put together like a residential sink but it's all plastic.

If it still leaks you may just want to pull it out to replace it. Replacement o-rings and cartridges are out there but may be difficult to find.

Currently located between Georgia and Insanity.

007matman AKA Matt
007matman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 03:44 PM   #3
Site Team

Our Cruiser had a leak between the spout and the base. Remove the knurled ring - remove the spout and replace the o ring. It only leaked when the wife ran water.
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 05:26 PM   #4
Weekend Camper

We didn't have a leak, but we replaced ours with a residential faucet because the faucet that came with ours was so small you could hardly get your hands under it. The neck on our new one comes out higher and farther. We love it and we matched it to the towel bars.
sllamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 09:44 AM   #5
Seasonal Camper

If the leak is on top of the counter, and not dripping underneath, it sounds like you may have a bad cartridge. Most of the faucets used in these units are not very serviceable. You are better off to replace it with a faucet from your favorite home improvement store.
Can you tell specifically where the leak is coming from?
Wingerdinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 09:33 AM   #6
Family Vacation Member

We have the exact same unit as you. Our kitchen sink did the same thing and started leaking onto the shelf and down to the floor below the cabinet. It was a very slow leak and was a loose supply line connection. Easy fix. I’ve since had 2 other plumbing issues. Same problem under the bathroom sink and a kinked hose on the black tank flush valve (in the water pump hidden compartment). I go around a few times a year and check all these connections. Any leaks that develop in fittings I change over to brass Pex. With all the road vibration these things see, these problems are bound to come. The Key these issues are:
1) check them often
2) find them fast
3) fix them for good.

Tony & Lynne
Whidbey Island, WA
2021 Sunset Trail SuperLite SS212RB
2019 Ford F-350 FX-4 Crew cab, 6.2L gas
Tonyg2724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 05:01 AM   #7
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyg2724 View Post
We have the exact same unit as you. Our kitchen sink did the same thing and started leaking onto the shelf and down to the floor below the cabinet. It was a very slow leak and was a loose supply line connection. Easy fix. I’ve since had 2 other plumbing issues. Same problem under the bathroom sink and a kinked hose on the black tank flush valve (in the water pump hidden compartment). I go around a few times a year and check all these connections. Any leaks that develop in fittings I change over to brass Pex. With all the road vibration these things see, these problems are bound to come. The Key these issues are:
1) check them often
2) find them fast
3) fix them for good.
So i should tighten the supply lines underneath the facet. When I feel those connections seem dry. The slight leak comes from faucet base and seeps on to bathroom counter in front.Thanks for the tips will check it out
Bassboat5193 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 05:14 AM   #8
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingerdinger View Post
If the leak is on top of the counter, and not dripping underneath, it sounds like you may have a bad cartridge. Most of the faucets used in these units are not very serviceable. You are better off to replace it with a faucet from your favorite home improvement store.
Can you tell specifically where the leak is coming from?
Seeps out from faucet base onto bathroom counter . Do not feel any water underneath where water lines connect to faucet.will tighten a little .WHat do you mean by cartridge replacement. Appreciate all the h
Old 07-25-2021, 05:43 AM   #9
Seasonal Camper

Your sink has cartridges for valves..they're under the handle. There should be a cap over the top of the handle (if you have crystal knobs) that can be removed to expose a screw that can be removed to expose the cartridge. If you have levers look for a small set screw on the side that can be loosened and the handle removed.

Personally, I'd inspect but of one was bad I'd suspect the water would come from one side or the other.. it's pretty rare they would both be bad (assuming you have two different handles). If you just have one then it's more possible.

You can take a channel lock pliers and gently tighten the retaining nut on top.

Cartridges can technically be replaced but may prove difficult to find given the quality we are dealing with here.

If all else fails, I'd just replace the faucet. They are the exact same as most residential faucets you can find at Home Depot, Lowe's, etc..

007matman AKA Matt
Old 07-25-2021, 06:55 PM   #10
Seasonal Camper

If there are any parts needed for that class of faucet, you are far better off replacing the whole faucet. Any home improvement store would have one to fit, and much better quality.
Old 08-30-2021, 01:06 PM   #11
New Camper

I have a ST32RL that needs a new faucet. Are the holes for the water supply lines 8 inches apart?
BlackBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 03:11 PM   #12
Seasonal Camper

It's a standard sink faucet like you'd see in your home for a bathroom sink.

You can buy really poorly made plastic ones from an RV dealer or buy a nice steel one from Home Depot or your store of preference.

Personally, my bathroom sink is horrible.. I'll be changing the faucet out soon myself.

007matman AKA Matt
Old 08-30-2021, 09:37 PM   #13
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBear View Post
I have a ST32RL that needs a new faucet. Are the holes for the water supply lines 8 inches apart?
You really need to measure to make sure there is no mistake. It uses a standard sink faucet. You didn't say if you needed a bath, shower, or kitchen faucet. Measure it.
Old 08-31-2021, 01:25 PM   #14
Site Team

You may be able to look under the sinks and measure center to center of the faucet lines.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote