Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-26-2019, 11:03 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Booth Dinette Removal

The pleather on the booth dinette cushions is shot. The pleather on the back covers is shot. If I remove the booths and leave the table (replace with conventional chairs), will there be a ton of visible holes in the walls? Missing trim?

BTW: The pleather on the couch is similarly shot as well as on the chairs. The seller already disposed of the chairs and will have him keep his couch. These will be replace with La-Z-Boy stuff from Craigslist. The window valances are also covered in the crappy pleather and that is worn off in a couple spots so will be attempting to recover those.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cr11.jpg (61.8 KB, 18 views)
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 11:34 AM   #2
Site Team

Have you considered having the cushions for the dinette recovered instead of removing them?
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 01:26 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
Have you considered having the cushions for the dinette recovered instead of removing them?
Certainly! Wife likes the booths but would be simpler to just put a couple nice chairs in there. We watched a youtube video on recover and it didn't look real hard for a DYI but would likely end up taking the cushions to an upholstery shop. Really would help if someone could chime in on what I would find if the booths were removed. Thanks
Old 10-26-2019, 03:31 PM   #4
Gone Traveling

I would bet the seats are only screwed to the floor & all trim/flooring will be in place. They throw these things together very quickly so cutting trim or adding extra screws would take another 10 seconds that's not allowed.
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 03:50 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

I pulled the booth out of Cougar and replaced with an Ikea table/chairs. They pulled electrical wires through the side of the slide to the front of the booth on the slide side and put an outlet there. I relocated the outlet to the wall of the slide. Used the same outlet as it is a shallow wall and needed an RV style outlet. They screwed both benches not only to the floor but also to the outside wall of the slide so there were a few holes. Not scared to do this job but the missus kind of likes the booths so perhaps will pull the cushions and take to an upholstery shop unless she wants to try making covers. The top cushion has a radius on the top so that kind of complicates things.
Old 10-27-2019, 06:44 AM   #6
Seasonal Camper

Hi George,

If your missus is OK with a sewing machine I doubt she'd have a problem sewing the correct shape panels to match that top radius on the seat backs.

Re-covering the valances in the same material if you go this route is also easy with a bit of patience and a half decent spring loaded hand stapler, or an air one if you have one. A bit like wrapping Christmas pressies.

I think you'll find that the trim, carpet and everything else you'd like to have if you take the booth out will already be there. I'll bet there's not a dozen screws holding the whole assembly in there.

The screw holes in the wall you can patch with a bit of suitable color caulk, and the ones in the floor will be invisible under the carpet.

Where the carpet is 'dented' where the frame of the booth sits you might be able to fluff up with a stiff brush, or an old trick was to lay an ice cube in the dent, sometimes helped relax the fibers and allowed them to resume their original orientation.

Alternately, while your down there, rip the carpet out and install vinyl or wood floor in that section, might make a nice contrast and be pretty simple to do.

Have fun, post pictures of whatever you do please.

Stay safe Brother
Biggles607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 05:09 PM   #7
Full Time Camper

I removed the booth dinette from our Sunset Trail and installed a free standing table and chairs. The booth frames were screwed to the floor of the slide and one screw into the wall from each booth frame which was very easily repaired (disguised).
2021 Ford F-250 XLT Premium
6.2L, 6 3/4 ft bed, FX4. Tow pkg.
sjk1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 07:53 AM   #8
New Camper

has anyone replaced their dinette with a sofabed
jkoeln is offline   Reply With Quote