Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-04-2012, 08:08 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Hey Everyone,

Just bought a ST31BH 3 Weeks ago and it is leaking around one end of the Front Slide and around the rear slide as well. It is at the dealer for the second time already getting investigated. I have also had numerous other problems as well. The Bathroom door is delaminating, the finish is peeling of the outdoor kitchen, the brackets on the outdoor kitchen were falling off, When I used the sani flush for the first time it blew water all inside behind the fuse panel and closet ( the black valve/ elbow in there was faulty.

I have talked to crossroads and sent pics. However in the meantime it is frustrating because the trailer has now spent more time at the dealership than it has in my yard.

Has anyone else had problems with leaks and poor workmanship in the sunset trails ?

Any Idea's ?
stokesj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:57 AM   #2
Weekend Camper

I had mine in the dealer for the biggest part of June for a leak around the slide. What bothers me is that they never really told me what the leak was. They sold me a slide awning and said that this would help,which makes no sense. I am sending crossroads a e mail tomorrow . Also my neighbor bought a sunset trail reserve also and he had a leak also.

2007 F250 super duty
Big smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:58 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

When you use the the sani flush you need to open the faucet in the bathroom. I saw that in the instructions.
As far as problems my is there for the 3 rd time the slide room does not work right. I gave them a list of items to fix mostly little things. Although a couple a few of the issues appeared to be a workmanship issue. For the most part we love it just annoying issues. We have a 30RE.
Djkell001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 02:39 AM   #4
Pnr
Family Vacation Member

We have a 30re, after purchase we went on a 2 week trip.

We had a laundry list when we got back, including a stressed cracked front cap, staples poking thru the roof, slide not working properly, Monoxide detector, lp detector, some delamination, tv booster antenna, and on and on. Oh both axles were replaced too.

Yes, they fixed it but when you buy a new RV,you shouldn't have to put up with this SORRY quality control and craftsmanship !

We like the look of the trailer and the floor plan, but wonder what else is screwed up that we can't see or haven't found !!

Paul
Pnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 06:51 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

I can't believe that they sold you a slide awning. They should have given them to you if they could not fix the leak.

I thought about getting slide awnings for both of my slides but only if they can't fix the leaks. However I am not paying for them. Crossroads or my dealer are going to come good for them or it will have to be time to lawyer up.

I realize we don't live in a perfect world where everything is great all of the time but when you buy a service or product from someone it should work 100% the way it is supposed to. You can't tell someone who owns a brand new car, trailer, boat, truck that sorry even though you have warranty we cannot fix your problem so you are SOL sorry and have a nice day.

As far as the Sani flush goes my black valve was cracked and the fittings were loose. The dealer got rid of the part and just hooked it direct. Works like a charm now.
Old 08-16-2012, 05:48 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

A quick update. I continued to have more problems. Thetrailer is at the dealer for thefourth time for slide leaks. We had to cut our recent trip short and the dealer agreed to refund us the money we lost for the trip. As well I have water running into the outdoor kitchen now.Then while at the dealer we went to put my rear slide out so they could take another look andthe slide would not work.

This time they say the leaks are fixed but it is the fourth time I heard that. Crossroads are giving me free slideawnings as good faith gesture providing I don't continue with legal proceedings to have my unit replaced completely. What a nightmare. I don't know if I should push to have the unit replaced or accept their offer.

Here is my list so far.

<b style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal;">Delivery Issues<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" />[/b]

Kitchen Table Crack

Bathroom Door

Leather Valance torn

<b style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal;">Other Cosmetic Issues[/b]

Back splash on kitchen counter bubbling and lifting

Back splash on outdoor kitchen peeling

Hinge Brackets falling off and loose on outdoor kitchen

Stripes missing on outside

Rear remote jack button falling off under carriage

Roof vent in bathroom was falling down

TV not installed straight

Dust boot on rear slide torn and rubbing

Wallpaper seams bubbling and starting to lift throughout.

<b style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal;">More Serious Issues[/b]

<b style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal;">[/b]

Sani flush was not installed correctly and filled closet

and electrical panel area with water

Both Slides leak

Outside kitchen leaks dripping down inside the door frame

work

Main breaker is tripping without much load on it

Fiberglass is starting to delaminate

Old 08-16-2012, 07:04 AM   #7
Full Time Camper

I think I would refuse the slide awnings and demand a new unit. With the amount of issues and possible future issues, especially damage from the water leakage a new unit is in order.
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
dalemac377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:51 AM   #8
Weekend Camper

Yep I would demand a new unit or proceed with legal action.
andreah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 11:50 AM   #9
Full Time Camper

Was the trailer taken to an RV show before you purchased it? May be a reason for all of the problems.

Try this contact point -Mark Quinn </span>mquinn@crossroadsrv.com

He helped me out with a bedroom slide issue.</span>
</span>

2012 Cruiser Patriot CF335SS.

2011 Silverado 3500HD LTZ CCLB Duramax SRW 4X4

https://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/...ailerKeuka.jpg
NorskeNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 12:06 PM   #10
Full Time Camper

The two slide awnings are probably less than $500 their cost. I agree with the others, push to have the unit replaced.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 02:26 AM   #11
Weekend Camper

when opening the slide I always check the rubber seal on the top most times it is half flipped inside out so I flip it right with my fingers

2010 ST29QB

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...in/TVsetup.jpg

gsxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 01:01 PM   #12
Weekend Camper

We bought a 2013 29ss 3 weeks ago and the rear of the slide also leaks, we noticed it when towing in the rain and when we opened it there was a puddle of water on the floor. We haven't had a chance to get to the dealer yet.
northern21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 02:39 AM   #13
New Camper

We just bought a 30RE, we loved the floor plan and waited along time until we finally broke down and bought it. First trip the stabilizer jacks had major issues and a long list of items, laminate and wall paper issues, etc, etc....The biggest issue was the leak (after a big rain storm) over the bed!! after looking closely it was obvious it has leaked while at the dealer because the trim was peeling and warped. Took it in for over 3 weeks, took it straight to a campsite to "test" the repairs. Another big rain storm (luckily) and the leak was worse than ever!! We looked on our "brand new" tan roof and they had smeared WHITE caulk looking sealant all over the cap trim and other areas of our roof. Obviously the value of my brand new camper just hit rock bottom...took it back and they insisted that is the only color of sealant and would look into the leak further. I immediately called the manufacture and they were helpful and a rep even looked at the camper (during an already scheduled visit to Texas) and he insisted the ENTIRE ROOF and all decking be replaced. We are very concerned now that we are not getting the full story on this problem and that when the a/c and all vents etc...are removed and then put back after roof installation we are going to have another level of issues. Any recommendations? what is the recourse for a replacement? they told us they have never had the issue of "replacing" a camper. Seems fishy to me.
lburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:03 AM   #14
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by lburns
We just bought a 30RE, we loved the floor plan and waited along time until we finally broke down and bought it. First trip the stabilizer jacks had major issues and a long list of items, laminate and wall paper issues, etc, etc....The biggest issue was the leak (after a big rain storm) over the bed!! after looking closely it was obvious it has leaked while at the dealer because the trim was peeling and warped. Took it in for over 3 weeks, took it straight to a campsite to "test" the repairs. Another big rain storm (luckily) and the leak was worse than ever!! We looked on our "brand new" tan roof and they had smeared WHITE caulk looking sealant all over the cap trim and other areas of our roof. Obviously the value of my brand new camper just hit rock bottom...took it back and they insisted that is the only color of sealant and would look into the leak further. I immediately called the manufacture and they were helpful and a rep even looked at the camper (during an already scheduled visit to Texas) and he insisted the ENTIRE ROOF and all decking be replaced. We are very concerned now that we are not getting the full story on this problem and that when the a/c and all vents etc...are removed and then put back after roof installation we are going to have another level of issues. Any recommendations? what is the recourse for a replacement? they told us they have never had the issue of "replacing" a camper. Seems fishy to me.

Take pictures to keep a "record" of the "repairs".

2012 Cruiser Patriot CF335SS.

2011 Silverado 3500HD LTZ CCLB Duramax SRW 4X4

https://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/...ailerKeuka.jpg
NorskeNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:25 AM   #15
Weekend Camper

Well just a little update. Went camping this past weekend and had a few more problems. This time the fresh water tank leaked and the porch light would not work. Turned out to be the switch for the light and the cap for the water tank. Nothing serious but annoying. In the meantime our dealer seems to be trying pretty hard to help us.

I have been told personally by a rep with crossroads that the leak issue in their lineup is well known and they are doing everything to address the issue. Right now the fix is silicone on the slide rails which to me does not seem like a good long term solid fix. A recall should be done using some kind of molded pyramid shaped piece of rubber to sit on the rail and fasten on with screws just inside the slide seals. Maybe I will engineer something to help fix the issue on a more permanent basis.

The battle continues.

Old 10-24-2012, 12:02 PM   #16
Full Time Camper

Have the same problem. Here's a contact that may help or a person you can tell what you really think. Good luck
<!--if gte mso 9>

<w:Word>

<w:View>Normal</w:View>

<w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom>

<w:TrackMoves/>

<w:Trackatting/>

<w:Punctuati&#111;nKerning/>

<w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/>

<w:SaveIfInvalid>false</w:SaveIfInvalid>

<w:IgnoreMixed>false</w:IgnoreMixed>

<w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>

<w&#111;notPromoteQF/>

<w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther>

<w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian>

<w:LidThemeComplex>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplex>

<w:Compatibility>

<w:BreakWrappedTables/>

<w:SnapToGridInCell/>

<w:WrapTextWithPunct/>

<w:UseAsianBreakRules/>

<w&#111;ntGrowAutofit/>

<w:SplitPgBreakAndark/>

<w&#111;ntVertAlignCellWithSp/>

<w&#111;ntBreakC&#111;nstrainedForcedTables/>

<w&#111;ntVertAlignInTxbx/>

<w:Word11KerningPairs/>

<w:CachedColBalance/>

</w:Compatibility>

<m:mathPr>

<m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/>

<m:brkBin m:val="before"/>

<m:brkBinSub m:val="&amp;#45;-"/>

<m:smallFrac m:val="off"/>

<m:dispDef/>

<m:lMargin m:val="0"/>

<m:rMargin m:val="0"/>

<m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/>

<m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/>

<m:intLim m:val="subSup"/>

<m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/>

</m:mathPr></w:Word>

<!-->Contact

GM CrossRoads &amp; Redwood RV Tom montague, tmontague@crossroadsrv.com</span></span><!--if gte mso 9>

<w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemi="true" DefQat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267">

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="0" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Normal"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="9" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="ing 1"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 2"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 3"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 4"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 5"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 6"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 7"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 8"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 9"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="35" Qat="true" Name="capti&#111;n"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="10" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Title"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="11" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Subtitle"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="22" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Str&#111;ng"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="20" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Emphasis"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="59" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="1" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="No Spacing"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revisi&#111;n"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="34" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="29" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Quote"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="30" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="19" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="21" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="31" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="32" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="33" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Book Title"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="39" Qat="true" Name="TOC ing"/>

</w:LatentStyles>

<!--><!--if gte mso 10>

/* Style Definitions */

table.MsoNormalTable

{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";

mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;

mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;

mso-style-noshow:yes;

mso-style-priority:99;

mso-style-qformat:yes;

mso-style-parent:"";

mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;

mso-para-margin-top:0in;

mso-para-margin-right:0in;

mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt;

mso-para-margin-left:0in;

line-height:115%;

mso-pagination:widow-orphan;

font-size:11.0pt;

font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";

mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri;

mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;

mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";

mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast;

mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri;

mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}

<!--><!--if gte mso 9>

<o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026"/>

<!--><!--if gte mso 9>

<o:shapelayout v:ext="edit">

<o:id v:ext="edit" ="1"/>

</o:shapelayout><!-->

Faribault MN
LeBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:43 AM   #17
Family Vacation Member

wow. my wife and i just traded in our 2005 hybrid and picked up our new 2013 st32bh sunset about a month ago and had some of these issues already. I called the camping world in NY who I bought the camper from and they will not answer my phone calls.I called crossroads and they put me in contact with a dealer much closer to me andpromise to take care of the issues. We really fell in love with the floor plan and the extra upgrade type things were really nice too. But like most of you it has been at the dealer longer thenin my driveway. I cant wait to have it back even though we wont be going camping till next season. I guess it just nice to look at and gets me through my winter.
2014 Sunset Trail 32bh

"I work so I can CAMP, I camp to get away from WORK"
dminer04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:16 AM   #18
Family Vacation Member

Hi all,

We had the same leaking around the rear slide on our ST31BH during the first rainstorm after our delivery. Took it to the dealer and they cured it right away.

Our service manager indicated that the design of the slide mechanism has a draw-back. The shape of the slide channels are engineered to add strength and rigidity. However, there is a trench along it that allows water to drain inside the channel and bypass the rubber seals. Think about having a gutter going through your wall and ending inside. While there's no downspout on the gutter, it will eventually overflow.

In my case this resulted in water on the floor with no logical explanation. The dealer fixed it by machining some extra grooves on the outer ends of the slide channels so that water could drain outside. Essentially adding the downspout on the exterior end.

Now, let me see if I can get these photos to work.

2013 Sunset Trail 31BH
TrainSafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:55 PM   #19
Weekend Camper

I would have water make its way in if the slide was wet and I retracted it (water puddles on top of slide) . I had a awning added which keeps the slide cooler anyway during summer and have not had any other issues. I think the awning also helps to redirect the water when the slide is out during a rain storm so that the water is not all coming down the slide mechanism as Trainsafe mentioned (thanks for the pics and idea adding gutter to slide mech-makes sense after seeing it). I'm sureCR is trying to keep cost down, but these units should have a slide awning.

Old 11-15-2012, 06:56 PM   #20
Weekend Camper

I believe I paid $600 installed for the slide awning.