Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-12-2020, 08:24 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Cable Antenna Connectivity

We have a Sunset Trail 254RB. On some occasions our TV’s will find no channels for either cable or antenna, even though there is a verifiable cable signal coming into the trailer. Has anyone encountered this issue or had this type of problem or addressed it in the past?
Old 12-12-2020, 09:07 PM   #2
Gone Traveling

Not sure about your particular rv, but you should have an antenna booster somewhere near one of the tvs, this must be on, should be a small button next to a tiny led light that illuminates when on, to view antenna channels & off for cable. With either input source you must go the tv settings menu & set to whichever input you're using then press scan the channels. You'll need to scan the channels every time you relocate &/or change inputs.
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 11:05 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

Thanks. That’s what I thought was the process. That didn’t seem to do it, after double checking your steps however. Not certain what’s wrong at this point.
Old 12-13-2020, 01:09 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

Cable Antenna Connectivity

Hi On my 2010 Cruiser I had the same problem. When I hooked up the cable which source came from my cable provider and all our channels have to go through Digital cable boxes. The only way that I could get my box to boot up was to totally disconnect the cable from the cable booster and than I had a choice of having cable inside or outside and also in the bedroom. I left the antenna hooked up to the booster as in our area we can get multiple digital channels which came through picture perfect. But you do have to set your tv to antenna. If only using cable just leave it on cable and you will not have any troubles. That cable booster whether on or off seemed to block the cable signal. With it disconnected it is now hooked up just like in your home. Hope this helps you out. Good Luck..
Bc, Canada
Crossroad Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 11:34 AM   #5
Site Team

Take off the wall cable cover and check the connections behind it. They are often loose or not connected.
If ok, try another tv to see if your rv tv is at fault.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
antenna, cable, no channels found, sunset trail 254rb