Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-13-2012, 03:01 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Finally got our new ST25RB out for its inaugarul trip. Everything worked great, no problems. Only questions I had were first, is there a backup switch to raise and lower the electric jacks besides the remote. When I picked up the unit the rv mechanic told me there was 1 in the storage compartment but danged if I can find it. There is no mention of it in the rv literature. Second question when you step into the shower the floor almost feels a little spongy especially around the drain area, is this normal. Thanks in advance for the answers.

Brian
Badwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 03:33 PM   #2
Weekend Camper

Brian,

You should find a rocker switch mounted where the side of the TT rolls under. Take your hand and run it under the bottom even with the location of both front and rear jacks. You will find both switches on the street side of your TT. the only switch in the storage area I'm aware of turns the LED lights in the front cap on and off.
Our shower pan also feels spongy as you mentioned. We have a 2012 30RE. Our old TT we traded in was a Forest River product and it felt the same way. I would say this is normal from our experience.

Hope this helped.

Rooster
Equal-I-Zer Hitch
DW ,Daughter
Millie & Scooter (man's best friends)

Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 01:50 AM   #3
Family Vacation Member

There is a smallaccess panel in front base of shower.....I was thinking of maybe "stuffing" a small 2X4 or similar to get rid of the "spongyness". Just a thought, haven't tried it yet. I'm fearfull over time if left as is, may crack or break.
Equal-i-zer hitch
Tonemeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 04:53 AM   #4
Family Vacation Member

Our last unit(not a Crossroads) had the same spongy feel to the tub and it lasted alright. If it really bothers you maybe try spraying a can of expanding foam under it if you can reach. It sets up pretty firm and is easy to spray....however, it is not easy to remove.

2014 F350 6.7 PSD
8iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:20 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

Don't use the expanding foam unless you want to raise the shower floor. Get the non-expanding stuff. It still expands a little but not near as much as the regular.
2009 Ford Lariat F350 SRW CC Diesel
2013 Cruiser CF305SK Patriot Edition
avvidclif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 04:49 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

Thanks guys. I guess I will leave it alone, sounds like its supposed to be like that. Also found the switches.

Brian
Badwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 07:50 AM   #7
Weekend Camper

Good luck with it, the 25RB is a great unit. We're enjoying ours every chance we get!

Ridgerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 07:14 AM   #8
Weekend Camper

We have had a 27RB for going on 4 years and we love it. Our shower is also springy. I think they are supposed to be but not sure. We have had no trouble at all and try to camp every other weekend in Arkansas. Good Luck and happy camping.
ldul101 is offline   Reply With Quote