Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-27-2011, 12:40 AM   #21
Weekend Camper

I spoke with Leisure Time about my camper... That said they would do the warranty work but do nothing with the damage that Canada Wide RV did... Its sad because Leisure Time Owns Canada Wide RV... I am so frustrated.... I kkep getting the run around and told nothing but LIES...
buddydoyle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 01:33 AM   #22
Weekend Camper

what kind of damage did Canadawide do to yours? Ours has a nick in shower floor, scratches in dresser, we had a memory foam pad on bed (looks like someonedanced on it with workboots on), etc. etc. and the roof replacement needless to say was not completed correctly.
elizajane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 02:59 AM   #23
Family Vacation Member

I don't know how it is where you live, but if possible, see if you can turn it into your insurance company, who will then go after the folks who did the damage to recover their money.

2004.5 Chevy Duramax crew cab 4x4
2010 Crossroads Cruiser 30QBX
1991 K2500 4x4 being restored
drcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 03:20 AM   #24
Weekend Camper

The other thing that bothers me is that I have asked to Speak with David O'leary that owns the company where I purchased my camper from.... He has yet to contact me... I have left many many messages for him.... This organization is by far the worst I have had to deal with...
buddydoyle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 06:53 AM   #25
Weekend Camper

Do you have a toll free number to contact Crossroads?

Thanks In Advance

Wadetech
wadetech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:59 PM   #26
New Camper

i too have a defective 2012 27bh! front cap is wavy,when picking it up in april i noticed a bump in sidewall near roof and pointed it out to dealer. there reply was thats normal. but bump has turned into stress crack! entertainment centre does not turn around because it is crooked. piece of aluminum is pressing up under rubber roof,dealer said its okay but i don't think so since it will eventually wear through roof. taking it back to factory so they can repair it. not the best first time buyer experience i can tell you that.

izzychow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 01:37 PM   #27
Weekend Camper

another week has passed still waiting for manufacturer the dealer is doing what needs to be done just waiting for crossroads and lippert I will give it till the end of week and then callrandy mischler and see what he has to say
GregT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 05:16 AM   #28
Weekend Camper

Buddydoyle and wadetech ---I have private messaged phone numbers to you guys, hope that helps...It's been a long summer dealing with Canadawiderv and I have talked to lots of folks.
Old 09-29-2011, 06:12 AM   #29
Weekend Camper

Thanks Elizajane

We called Crossroads and guess what ? Canada Wide has not even ordered our couch...( Big Surprise ) Leisure Time is coming tomorrow Sept 30th to take some pictures of the couch and order a replacement couch. Canada Wide has let all Camping employees go and are now running a Used Car Lot on The camping Parking Lot......Buyers Beware....

I really think by Leisure Time taking over our warrany work, will be the best thing to come out of all this mess...

Keep On Camping
wadetech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 11:25 AM   #30
Weekend Camper

glad to help Wadetech....hopefully things go a lot better for all of us with leisuretime
Old 10-21-2011, 03:34 AM   #31
Weekend Camper

After all these posts about the slides I am starting to wonder did we buy wrong??? We haven't gotten our trailer yet

We ordered it at the RV showSept 17th and they told us 4-6 weeks...this coming week will be 6 weeks and these posts have me worried that I might be making a mistake going with CrossRoads & there services...Haven't signed the final paper yet. The more I read the more worried I get!
Old 10-21-2011, 05:43 AM   #32
Weekend Camper

No Dmess, I don't think you have made a mistake buying a Crossroads product. I have posted several times on the problems we have had with ours.But it has never been a problem dealing with Crossroads. Inmy case and and the orginal poster (his problem with slide) the issues were definately with the dealer with the way things were doneby them(same dealer for both of us, who is no longer in business)
Old 10-21-2011, 08:36 AM   #33
Weekend Camper

Thank You! I really got my heart set on this trailer. We looked at several and we kept coming back to the CrossRoads. I read all the posts from different people and thought oh no...I did this once before with Coachman just didn't feel like going down that same path again. We are 2 time Prowler owners with not one problem so I got a lil spoiled
Old 10-21-2011, 01:57 PM   #34
Weekend Camper

the dealer I bought from I wouldn't recommend. My dealings with the service where I live is fine. They jumped right on it.the problem was we were waiting for 3 weeks for an answer on who's problem it was, lipperts or crossroads then the 4th week I find out its going back to the factory to repair everything that was 1 1/2 weeks ago. Its been 5 weeks now I emailed all the problems and told them I want to be updated on the progress. haven't heard a word yet.
I'm just hoping it comes back better than ever. Don't get me wrong I love the floorplan and it pulls like a dream, roomy, great colors . I hear alot of good things about them also. Everyone Tells me get your money back get a different trailer etc. but I will let them correct the problems. If all their trailers were bad they would'nt be around.I'm hoping this is just a fluke and they're working to correct the issues
Old 10-22-2011, 02:23 AM   #35
New Camper

we totally love our sunset trail. i feel the issue for us also is with the dealer. we definitely have issues that i don't think we should have had 4 months in like the front cap getting wavy and a stress crack in the wall. i winterized it, took it back to crossroads and they are going to do the necessary repairs and store it for the winter. good thing for 2 year warranty!

izzychow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 11:30 AM   #36
Weekend Camper

My problem is i'm not done camping i use it in nov for steelhead fishing trips I told them I wanted my warranty extended from when I get it back not when I bought it. We'll see what they do
Old 10-23-2011, 07:05 AM   #37
Weekend Camper

08 F-250 6.4LTwin Turbo

2012 Sunset Trail 31BHS
Kevin H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 11:12 AM   #38
Weekend Camper

just my 2 cents worth . we have an 09 27 RB ST . we have not had any probl;ems at all with the slide . i had mine to our dealer for regular maintanence . was talking to the service manager . he said they have changed their slide systems and in his opinion they are not as good as the model years such as mine . we also were to the factory rally this past Aug. there was a 29 SS at the rally that had problems getting his slide back in . he posted a thread on this forum and said everything is fine now thanks to Crossroads . he said Randy at Crossroads admitted there were some mistakes in the slide assembly . i wonder if ther was a bad batch that got into production .

any way ,get in touch with Randy . he will get back to you . i had a small problem with our ST and they fixed it at the Crossroads Service Center when were at the rally .. bunch of nice guys that work there .
2013 Ram 2500 HD Hemi
Pullrite super glide
accordionman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 11:20 AM   #39
Weekend Camper

i talked with randy he is the one that said to ship it back and they will take care of the problems
Old 10-23-2011, 11:34 AM   #40
Weekend Camper

How long ago were your problems, do you have a direct line for Randy ?

08 F-250 6.4LTwin Turbo

2012 Sunset Trail 31BHS
Kevin H is offline   Reply With Quote