Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-23-2011, 11:37 AM   #41
Weekend Camper

Thank You for your time to answer me. Do you have his direct number, or should I just call Crossroads and ask for him? I was also told her is a lady in customer service named Tracy, she is supposed to be very good also.

Thanks Again

08 F-250 6.4LTwin Turbo

2012 Sunset Trail 31BHS
Kevin H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 11:38 AM   #42
Weekend Camper

started 1st trip after i bought it been in the shop since set 8th
GregT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 11:39 AM   #43
Weekend Camper

I have, electrical shorts, water heater issues, LPG leaks and monitors going off, etc...... I also have the Sunset Trail 31 BHS.

08 F-250 6.4LTwin Turbo

2012 Sunset Trail 31BHS
Kevin H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 11:41 AM   #44
Weekend Camper

just call crossroads and ask for randy they should get you through to him
Old 10-24-2011, 10:07 AM   #45
New Camper

well, I thought I found the right camper however now I am having second thoughts about a Crossroads. I think I may buy a different brand. Thanks to all who spilled it all.Crossroads will most likely lose me as a customer.
Scotte303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:31 AM   #46
Weekend Camper

i dont blame you... this is by far my worst investment ever made. i have a camper that is still not repaired... its buyer beware for sure. its a shame i bought it just to be sitting on a seasonal lot....the parking lot at a repair shop....
buddydoyle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:51 AM   #47
New Camper

thanks again...looking at Keystones and Jayco's again.
Scotte303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 11:38 AM   #48
Family Vacation Member

Free toll number 1-888-2267496.
Hope you get Randy to help you out.
If you are still getting stupid answers and your problems are not solved I suggest that we the Crossroads RV owners should get together and help out,because to day it is ones problem and tomorrow it can be any of us.
I am sure that a lawyer can point us to the right way to go.

CF29CK 2006

F-350 2006

https://danyshula.blogspot.com//
danyshula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 01:04 PM   #49
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotte303
well, I thought I found the right camper however now I am having second thoughts about a Crossroads. I think I may buy a different brand. Thanks to all who spilled it all.Crossroads will most likely lose me as a customer.
I wish you the best in whatever your decision is. But note all units from all mfg's have issues. The real question is how the mfg. stands behind the product after the sale. You should read through this forum and see how many have been satisfied with their units from the get go and those who experienced issue and how CR made them satisfied. I fall into the latter group even after my factory warranty expired.

Friends of mine had no service what-so-ever from Keystone 2 years after the sale. Do a search on RV.net for Keystone (you may need to look at each Keystone line) for axle issues / and pin box issues. At least with CR you can bring your unit to the factory for service. I challenge you to find this available service with other mfg's.

Jayco's level of service will be close to CR, however their dealer network is much much smaller than Thor / CR and I don't believe they have factory service.

Again good luck in your search

Edited by: salda01

'07 F250 Diesel Crew Cab 4x4

'08 CF30QB

Reese Signature Slider 18k Hitch
salda01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 03:24 PM   #50
Weekend Camper

crossroads have had it for a week and i talked with randy today and he said it should be on the way back to me wed or thurs everything on the list i gave them has been repaired or replaced. I gave randy my problems list and he told me everything has been taken care of they were finishing up and cleaning it up he jumped right on it and took care of the problems in a timely manner. so i should have it ready for my nov stealheading trips. I looked at jaycos and keystone cougars but weight was more my issue I pull mine with a 1/2 ton and it pulls it great that was one of my biggest draws to thish trailer
Old 10-25-2011, 04:41 AM   #51
Family Vacation Member

scottie303

my last unit was a laredo by keystone and had to take to dealer serveral times for service under warranty turned out to be a good camper.

traded it in in june for the crossroads and decided to wait a while and see what problemsshowed up,but will be taking the c/r back next week.

they all have problems,should not be so but that is the nature of camping

2011 cf285rl patriot cruiser

07 dodge cummings
joescuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 10:49 AM   #52
Weekend Camper

;t the confirmation today its on the truck and it should be here fri or mon at the latest Randy did what he said and he delivered. that tells methey will do what they can to get you taken care offthats what the customer wants to see. It will bring you back every time
Old 10-26-2011, 02:04 PM   #53
Full Time Camper

Greg - Did CR cover the tow between Idaho and Indiana?

'07 F250 Diesel Crew Cab 4x4

'08 CF30QB

Reese Signature Slider 18k Hitch
salda01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 02:40 PM   #54
Weekend Camper

they are. they are the ones that said they were taking it back. lippert couldn'nt get thier guy out here to work on it. got to remember I bought this aug 26th and its been gone sense sept 8th. Its been frustrating but I'm getting pumped up knowing its coming back i'll try to get out and use it through nov 2-3 time so i'm excited. i'll let you know how it works when i get it back.
Old 10-30-2011, 02:25 PM   #55
Weekend Camper

All the trouble with the slide out of the OP's trailer has me a little worried. I have a 2012 26BH and have not had any real trouble with it (except for the bathroom sink that cracked and was replaced at the dealer).

I really love my trailer, but I am concerned that I may be out camping (which I do sometimes with just my daughter and grandkids) and my slide might get stuck in the out position.

I would like to know just how widespread the problem is and what I should be looking for so I could maybe fix the problem before it happens.

Thanks......

3 Sons, 2 Daughters-in-Law

1 Daughter, 1 Son-in-Law

1 Grandson, 2 Grandaughters

2012 Sunset Trail 26BH
4AggiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 01:08 AM   #56
Weekend Camper

Mine is a 2012 and they are now replacing the slide Assembly for the 3rd time.....
buddydoyle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 02:12 AM   #57
Weekend Camper

That is not good, but I wonder if you just have an isolated problem or if others have this problem and it is widespread.

Have they been able to pin it down to any cause? Maybe a framing problem or is it the slide mechanism itself? Edited by: 4AggiesMom

3 Sons, 2 Daughters-in-Law

1 Daughter, 1 Son-in-Law

1 Grandson, 2 Grandaughters

2012 Sunset Trail 26BH
4AggiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 01:21 PM   #58
Weekend Camper

Just picked up my trailer it got shipped back to the factory it got shipped to them the 12th october and it was on a truck back to me the 26th of oct they took care of all the problems i had noted to them and the slideout runs great. There is a big difference from the before and after it moves quick and smooth I'll try it a few more times through nov. and fingers crossed but so far so good.I thought it would be dec. beforeI got it back buttheygot right on it
Old 11-04-2011, 12:43 PM   #59
Weekend Camper

I am also thinking about a croosroads sunset trail st30re. reading this story makes me want to change my mind. I was on Primetime.com TT's forum and asking ?'s and the vice president responded to me personally.i was looking at a Lacrosse TT. very impressed on many occasions he sent me a personal email!
mb1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 08:22 AM   #60
Weekend Camper

What i've learned from this is run the slide out in and out aa bunch of times and check how they sound compared to others make sure front and back slide in and out at sthe same time and inspect the whole trailer in sunlight conditions and good lighting on the insides.Light brings out alot of flaws check how the slides butt up to the walls and if the dealer does'nt know how to operate things climb under and check the underbelly, knobs, fiinishes, all windows open and close. etc go over it with a fine tooth comb.