Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-29-2014, 06:19 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Direct Tv hookup

Ok all I need your help here. This Saturday I am having Direct Tv install in my house. My plan is to move the receiver and one client to my ST32FR. I know the antenna connection in on the back side and on the far right. But when I looked at the inside connection I can't find where the receiver is to be connected Also the front has a Satellite input which again I not sure about. Where do I install the receiver at the rear of the trailer and the front. Need advice here
pchambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 08:27 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

I had my rv at the house and had the installer do it for me

probably not kosher from directv's view, but he was cool about it...

but wait, I didn't see where you said that you ARE getting a separate antennae for the rv !?!
Old 04-30-2014, 04:01 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

Sorry about that, I am getting a separate antennae for my rig,
pchambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 05:09 PM   #4
Weekend Camper

Don't have direct tv but looking at how I hook cable in my old unit..I would switch the cable at the antenna booster switch (which is in the tv frame of the st32rl) for antenna to cable/sat side. Then hook the cable connection to the outside box ( right rear on the st32rl). Set tv to look for cable instead of antenna.
2015 Sunset ST32RL
Wantabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 10:54 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

We have a Redwood 39MB and dish satellite with a VIP722K DVR. Purchased rig with condition to have satellite installed. Assumed that would mean all TVs would have satellite. At first dealer was reluctant but agreed. Dealer installed Mission Dome and installed an RF Modulator to run satellite into bedroom. Connection somewhere has made made TV have static issues and not clear pictures most of the time. They have no idea where and are not willing to work on it any longer. They insist we need another receiver in order to have clear picture. Can anyone help? We have no idea how cabling runs in these rigs and really don't think dealer does either. Do we need this RF Modulator??

Klrful
Full-Time RVer
Klrful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 04:02 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

Have proven I do not need another receiver and that cable dealer ran for satellite in bedroom is defective. However, I can figure out how dealer ran coax. It looks like it comes down from the ceiling in the bedroom. It does not go across the roof. Any help on how I can run a coax directly from the living room to the bedroom?

Klrful
Full-Time RVer
Klrful is offline   Reply With Quote