Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-30-2012, 01:35 PM   #1
New Camper

We have a '07 ST27RB and we were wondering if anyone has installed exterior speakers under where the awning rolls out. I have seen other TT's with them there and would like to install them on ours so we can listen to music outside.
I have done lots of residential wiringbut not on TT's. Is it a major task? How do I go about running wires? Do I have to remove the interior wall panels?
The receiver is located against the wall where I would like to install the speakers so there is not a great distance to run wires.
Any help or advice would be very much appreciated.

Appologies if this is a re-post, but I couldn't find any in the forum.
billbond360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 03:18 PM   #2
Weekend Camper

Exterior speakers are a breeze in most cases to install. Particularly if the receiver is on the same wall.

I have installed outside speakers on two campers of my own as well as two friends' campers.

I always utilized existing cabinets to place the speakers in with their back showing inside the cabinets. The rv walls are so thin that concealing them any other way would be very difficult.

You can usually drill a small hole between cabinets that will hide speaker wires.

Cutting the hole in the side of the camper is the SCARY part ! Use a Dremel to cut the hole using the provided template for the speakers. Also just make sure you use a good bead of silicone to keep out the elements.

I have always used a marine speaker dealer online @ rocktheboat.com. I am sure there are many places to get them, but these guys have every speaker available and usually at a competitive price.

I don't claim to be a pro at this, but they have always turned out great both on looks and sound quality.

Good luck!
Schabtod is offline   Reply With Quote