Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-07-2009, 12:49 PM   #1
New Camper

We'vehad our '07 ST27RB nearly a year now and have really enjoyed it. Used it just last weekend for July 4th outting and discovered that there was some blistering or bubbling of the fiberglass gel coat sheeting on the front near the top (not really close to any seams). The blisteringcoversapprox a sq ft, irregular shape though, actually several small bubbles. Has anyone seen this happen? We keep it in a covered but opensided parking facility. The front will see the morning sun for a while. I've checked inside, it's in way of a bedroom locker, but there is no obvious wet spot or anything. Not sure what to do. Any ideas?

07 ST27RB

Dodge RAM 2500 Diesel
Rogdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 06:08 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

I would get some pictures that show the problem and send them to CrossRoads. They will let you know where to take it for repair.

Chrisnan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 11:46 PM   #3
New Camper

I have an 08 ST31QB and I have the same thing.

Although mine are mostly on either side, right by the corners of the unit. A friend has an 07 ST30BH and his also has it, again on the side by the edges.

Let us know what Crossroads says, we just assumed it was the fiberglass flexing.

08 ST31QB

08 Ford F250 Lariat Diesel
jlarson3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 12:24 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

If it is the fiberglass/filon blistering get it fixed while under warranty.There were someowners a couple of years backthat hadthe same issue on their Cruisers. Most of that was under the decals but some was not. Below is one of the post I could find on the old forum. There were more post but I can't find them right now.

http://www.crossroadsrv.com/forum_20...rms=blistering

Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 03:24 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlarson3
I have an 08 ST31QB and I have the same thing.

Although mine are mostly on either side, right by the corners of the unit. A friend has an 07 ST30BH and his also has it, again on the side by the edges.

Let us know what Crossroads says, we just assumed it was the fiberglass flexing.

We have the O7 model and it doing the same thing. Now it is all the way across...this was after a 4,000 mile trip.

We also have just assumed it the fiberglass flexing.

It would be interesting to know what crossroads says.

2003 Dodge Ram

2007 ST31QB

Parents to 3 boys and 2 girls

nkjemek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 12:00 PM   #6
New Camper

I finally took some pictures, sent an email to Crossroads Service and they were understandably reluctant to offer a diagnosis. However, they have seen this before IWO a leak (water intrusion). They did not answer my question as to whether a "local repair" IWO of the damaged area is possible versus replacing the entire front fiberglass cap. I.e. - "how would Crossroads do a warranty repair on this type problem". I resent that question to them and am awaiting a reply. They did reply to my original email in one day. I'd pass along a picture, but I haven't figured out how to attach one inthis forum.

07 ST27RB

Dodge RAM 2500 Diesel
Rogdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 09:05 AM   #7
New Camper

I have an 08 St30Bh,and have a small half dollar size bubble on the back of our trailer on the upper left hand side. I called Crossroads,and they wanted a pic also. The bubble is on the white part of the trailer and trying to get it to show up on a pic is near impossible. I have kept their reply emails and was told to watch it and to make sure all the seams are sealed. I told them that I inspect the seams a couple of times a year and that I will be on record with this. 1Longbow
1Longbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 09:52 PM   #8
Seasonal Camper

We had "bubbles" on the siding of our 07 Cruiser. It can be repaired, just make sure it goes to someone who knows how to do it! Our bubbling was caused by "outgassing" of the adhesive that holds the fiberglass onto the luaun or plywood behind it. On older models (I am thinking they were 05 and older) there were some that developed what they called "frogskin" but that only occured under the graphics (mostly red graphics if I remember) and it looked like lots of small bubbles in a localized area under the graphic. I beleive that was caused by a problem with the decal but I am not certain. Anyway, problems can occur with fiberglass but the good news is they can be fixed. It is just imperative that the person working on it knows what they are doing. If you are under warranty, CrossRoads will make it right. I had to take my Cruiser to the factory to be repaired and they made it right. That is one of the reasons they are still around when so many other manufacturers have folded. Excellent customer service.

Lonnie

04 2500 Hemi Ram Quad Cab
Chuck N. Wined is offline   Reply With Quote