Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-23-2012, 01:37 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Send a message via AIM to wincrasher
Weekend before last had our first trip in the 25RB. Went to Sadler's Creek State Park on Lake Hartwell. We had the best time. Cool enough for a campfire in the evening, but warm enough in the day for no jackets. One of my nephews even went swimming.

Not happy with my tow setup though. Dealer had setup for my Silverado HD. I adjusted hitch to fit up to my Suburban, but I think it's not right. Rig was pretty squirrely at interstate speeds. My WD bars had 4 links hanging, yet the rear end still sunk down about 6 inches.

The trailer did really well camping though. No failures of any equipment. The grill hanging off the bumper is an awesome accessory. Glad I didn't get a smaller trailer. This was the perfect size for sleeping 5. I did break the support leg on the dinnette. Just came off in my hand. Looks like it can be glued back on, but I'll have the dealer look at it when I go in to have the hitch adjusted.

wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:08 AM   #2
Weekend Camper

We're really diggin' our 25RB, it's a great floor plan. So far the problems have been relatively minor. Replaced the tongue jack that gave up the ghost on it's third use. No big deal, Lippert was very responsive. I'll have to drop it off at the dealer in a few weeks to have the slide adjusted. On one side the upper and lower tracks are rubbing the outside vertical seals. The best way to describe it would be 'chewing up' those seals at the point of contact. Not a big deal but I want it fixed when I have a few weeks between trips.

Ridgerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:19 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

I'm wondering how long the leveling jacks will hold up. I don't like that the only way to activate them is thru the remote. Would be better on a switch. They seem slow to respond to the remote, and it matters where you are standing. Could be just a battery issue on the remote though.
Old 04-23-2012, 02:30 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

Technically those jacks are stabilizers, not a leveling system (at least that's what mine are). There are manual switches you can use in lieu of the remote. They're located on the driver's side and slightly out of view right where the stabilizer is retracted. You should have a switch for the front and one for the rear.

I hope this helps.

RR

Old 04-23-2012, 02:58 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

Cool, I'll look for them. Thought it was strange no switch. Assume there is one up front, and one in the rear.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:02 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

Yep, you got it.

Old 04-28-2012, 02:30 PM   #7
Weekend Camper

found them. duh.
Old 04-28-2012, 02:31 PM   #8
Weekend Camper

found them. duh.
Old 04-29-2012, 01:10 AM   #9
Full Time Camper

Glad you had a good trip. It sounds like your WDH needs some adjustment. Not sure which WDH you are running but this might help. Measure from the ground to the fender on your TV in both front and rear both hitched and unhitched on a level surface. When hitched the front should be as close tounhitched height without going lower than unhitched height. The rear should be within an inch of the unhitched height. You may need to change the angle of the ball. On the reese dual cam (which if not the same, is maybe a similar set up), 1 change in the tilt of the ball is equal to 2 chain links. The goal is to have somewhere between 5 and 7 links tight with the measuerements above. The cams will then need to be adjusted to seat the bars correctly. Once this is all done, head to some scales and measure your TV's front and rear axles independantly both hitched and unhitched (weigh your TT while you are there). The front axle should be as close to the original weight without going heavier. The rear axle should not be over it's GAWR (if it is, you have too much TT for the TV).

Here are some links to help you: http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/17730894.cfm
http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/14265335.cfm

As for the stabilizer jacks, they are not used to level the TT and from what I understand you can damage the frame using them to do so. Use the stab jacks to stabilize the TT. Use something like lynx levelers or boards under the tires to level the TT side to side. Use the tongue to level front to back. This shows you how the lynx levelers with the lynxchocks work.I use both together like in the picture for more stability. http://www.lynxlevelers.com/snc1.html

Edited by: anaro

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote