Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-31-2017, 02:07 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Frustration with dealer

We've had our 33SI for a bit over two months. It has sat at the dealers for almost six weeks on and off waiting for warranty service. After a bunch of phone calls (unanswered) and emails (unanswered) we went in on Saturday. We were able to talk to the service manager that used the excuse that they were real busy but he didn't understand why the warranty request hadn't been sent to Crossroads.

Today I get a voice mail (I work in what amounts to a bunker and told them they need to communicate to me via email) asking me to call back. During lunch did with the same result as above.

My frustration comes from a lack of communication and commitment on the part of Ketelsen of Colorado (now Camping World). I've never been able to get a copy of the work request that I had to sign and doubt if I can get a copy of the warranty response from Crossroads.

It appears Crossroads once the customer to work with the selling dealer during the 1 year warranty period.

I'm pretty frustrated and would almost do the work myself (better than the dealer will for sure) but realize I need to work under the Crossroads system.

Anybody have advice?
kickerfour1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 02:38 PM   #2
Weekend Camper

In a similar situation we contacted the factory service manager and were told we could go to a different dealer. The second dealer changed us 150 dollars and completed the necessary work. That was 150 well spent dollars and we are happy campers.
Old 10-31-2017, 03:10 PM   #3
Site Team

I would sign up for RV.Net https://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/f...ion/logout.cfm
Post on the Camping World Service and installation. Explain how unsatisfied you are with CW. I got a response within a day. They helped me out and got my issue resolved.
I would recommend this action for anyone who has an issue with Camping World.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 07:31 PM   #4
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark5w View Post
I would sign up for RV.Net https://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/f...ion/logout.cfm
Post on the Camping World Service and installation. Explain how unsatisfied you are with CW. I got a response within a day. They helped me out and got my issue resolved.
Then once repaired, NEVER EVER cross the threshold of any CW again!! From what I've read on multiple forums there may 1 in 10 CWs that have a decent service center.
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 11:21 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

Thanks for the responses.

We really like this trailer and understand that some problems can show up on new ones. The same thing happens if you buy a new house.

I've sent an email to Crossroads and continue to wait to hear from the dealer.
kickerfour1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 05:23 PM   #6
Seasonal Camper

I agree completely, the communication is very poor!

I'm dealing with the same problems with CW. They kept saying they were waiting for warranty approval from Crossroads. Then I'd check again and they would say there was no work order submitted for approval to Crossroads. I had an ad for Camping World come across my Face Book feed and I commented about their poor customer service. Someone contacted me within 24 hours and said they would contact my local dealer immediately and have someone call me. That was Monday. My Cruiser is supposed to have a 2 year warranty. I'm in New Hampshire. At this time of year we could get a snow storm and my 5th wheel could be snowed in, so I'm going to have to keep it cleared to pull out because my warranty ends in March.

There should be a Camping World 12 support group. Maybe there should be a new forum category for anything Camping World related.

SeanRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 05:36 PM   #7
Site Team

If your problem relates to Camping World, as I posted in another thread, I would sign up for RV.Net https://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/f...ion/logout.cfm

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 07:56 PM   #8
Full Time Camper

Guys it just comes down to how much aggravation can you take. My camper had the front Cap cracked in four places and the main slide was jammed. CR said no problem and bring in to your dealer and the emailed copyied the dealer and set a time to bring over. To make a long story short the dealer drop the ball and kickked it to the side and basicly did nothing for four weeks. Fuel motel and eating out and spoiled food. I found a loca repair shop and had it repaired in three days and cost half of what I had spent in the four weeks, Cut bait and pay for it your self and move on. the warrenty is Junk any way.
Faribault MN
LeBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 08:41 AM   #9
Weekend Camper

same thing happen to me ...crossroads was zero help, made me feel like it was my fault
bobthecat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
problems, quality, service, warranty