Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-22-2021, 12:02 PM   #21
Weekend Camper

On our 212RB, we got rid of the factory chaise/jacknife couch and got a wall hugger double recliner with center console from Camping World. They were on clearance recently.
Not only is it WAY more comfortable, removing the chaise clears the path if stopping overnight without extending the slide. Attached are before and after pics. Another RVer was tickled to buy our old unit for $300.
We also upgraded the mattress to a firm memory foam. Much better!
Happy Camping!

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1Q...it4WOW7TEWWsEE

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1Q...50Ns88EHMXtn9v
Gladiator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 12:14 PM   #22
Weekend Camper

Sorry, the pics above didn't load right, so here they are:
On our 212RB, we got rid of the factory chaise/jack knife couch and got a wall hugger double recliner with center console from Camping World. They were on clearance recently.
Not only is it WAY more comfortable, removing the chaise clears the path if stopping overnight without extending the slide and gives us more usable floor space. Attached are before and after pics. Another RVer was tickled to buy our old unit for $300.
We also upgraded the mattress to a firm memory foam. Much better!
Here are before and after pics.
Happy Camping!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image 12-30-21 at 1.09 PM (1).jpg (182.6 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg Image 12-30-21 at 1.09 PM.jpg (210.8 KB, 15 views)
Old 12-30-2021, 04:02 PM   #23
Full Time Camper

Mark
Thanks for the new pics...Very nice and a really nice fit and the center console is a plus as well...
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
sleepyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 08:26 AM   #24
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyT View Post
Mark
Thanks for the new pics...Very nice and a really nice fit and the center console is a plus as well...
Yes, the console is a plus for storage of remotes, readers, pen and paper, etc., and the cup holders are nice, too. But the comfort level has gone up 10X.
The factory design looked nice, but lacked in function. For example, a jack knife couch is not that comfortable to sit on, and as a bed was worthless. Worthless mostly because it is mounted on the slide and when deployed, the foot drops from the slide to the floor, making the bed arc. Horrible!
The factory unit also had a heavy metal and wood table attached via an arm that fit into a bracket on the front of the couch. The table top was small and slick, we couldn't make it level, it was not sturdy because the bracket was on thin plywood on the front of the couch, plus it was a HUGE pain to stow it away. We just left it out of the camper!
The new recliner unit is 66", which is not as wide as the other unit. We now have room on one side for storing a lightweight folding dining table and on the side next to the fridge, we now have a dedicated spot for the trash can! Yay! As a bonus, I can also stow my collapsible ladder behind it.
Old 09-04-2022, 06:55 PM   #25
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
Yes, the console is a plus for storage of remotes, readers, pen and paper, etc., and the cup holders are nice, too. But the comfort level has gone up 10X.
The factory design looked nice, but lacked in function. For example, a jack knife couch is not that comfortable to sit on, and as a bed was worthless. Worthless mostly because it is mounted on the slide and when deployed, the foot drops from the slide to the floor, making the bed arc. Horrible!
The factory unit also had a heavy metal and wood table attached via an arm that fit into a bracket on the front of the couch. The table top was small and slick, we couldn't make it level, it was not sturdy because the bracket was on thin plywood on the front of the couch, plus it was a HUGE pain to stow it away. We just left it out of the camper!
The new recliner unit is 66", which is not as wide as the other unit. We now have room on one side for storing a lightweight folding dining table and on the side next to the fridge, we now have a dedicated spot for the trash can! Yay! As a bonus, I can also stow my collapsible ladder behind it.
Hello,

Just curious if you got the original out without having to separate the chaise from the couch portion. I am replacing with recliners also but was curious if the original came out intact. I do have it stripped with just the basic shell remaining but haven't really seen how to separate the two. Although I haven't really tried that yet, that's tomorrow's job.
Ifly4vamerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 08:36 AM   #26
Full Time Camper

Looks good! Nice color.

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 08:47 AM   #27
New Camper

Got my Recliners In

After reading this thread yesterday I decided to finish up taking the Chaise couch out and got my Recliners in. Wasn't nearly as involved as I thought. The recliners are from shop 4 seats, electric recliner and also electric headrest. They make a lighter grey but it is backordered so we went with the darker.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20220904_201701_01.jpg (179.6 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg PXL_20220905_021124325.jpg (221.6 KB, 13 views)
Ifly4vamerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 09:44 AM   #28
Weekend Camper

Just getting around to reading your post. I see you got yours replaced.
I assume you separated the chaise from the sofa before removing. I believe there were just a couple of screws holding them together. It would be hard, if not impossible, to remove them from the camper if still attached to each other!!!
Old 11-14-2022, 08:26 AM   #29
New Camper

The best solution would be to buy a sofa bed and folding chairs. The sofa bed saves a lot of space. Some manufacturers also add several cabinets to it, in which you can put bed linen or other items. Folding chairs will allow you to increase the number of beds. However, it is necessary to choose chairs with a good mechanism. Otherwise, they will break down in a year. Did you look at furniture in IKEA? Last year I bought myself the best tv chairs and am still satisfied. My van is bigger than the standard one, so I experimented with space.
aa1szt1qLLiq is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
theater seating