Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-10-2022, 06:53 AM   #1
New Camper

Heater flame sensor access

I have a 2017 Crossroads 330bh and suspect my flame sensor may be dirty on the furnace/heater. Unit turns on for several minutes, heat comes out, then unit shuts down before reaching set thermostat temp. Turning off at thermostat, waiting a few minutes, then turning back on will allow the unit to run again for a few minutes again. I am getting flame and heat, just not for very long. I opened up access to heater under the fridge, but no easy obvious access to anything. Has anyone worked on this unit? It looks like I may have to pull the whole thing to access anything, but before I do so, thought I would reach out to you all...thoughts?
backpacker74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 08:20 AM   #2
Site Team

links here.
https://www.crossroadsowners.com/for...lem-15700.html

https://www.crossroadsowners.com/for...ble-16254.html

You can also go into our document section , located at the top of the page and check out the furnace info.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 03:56 PM   #3
Seasonal Camper

I had a similar issue that turned out to be the thermostat.
If you want to confirm it, open the thermostat housing and short the two wires together. The Furnace will run continuously.
Has the furnace run well prior to this? Did you, by any chance, just change an LP tank?
Sometimes the safety valve in the LP tank is stuck. You can fix it by turning off the tank, remove then reinstall the hose connection, and slowly turn the tank back on. Purge the propane line by lighting your stove.
Wingerdinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 03:26 PM   #4
Seasonal Camper

To answer your question about access, there are some Atwood (Dometic) furnaces that allow access to furnace components from the outside. You will know it because it has a door. On the ones that have just a small exhaust plate, you must remove the furnace from the inside.
Both Atwood/Dometic and Suburban have good troubleshooting guides on their websites. There are also several good (and some not so good) YouTube videos that are useful.
The model of your furnace helps to locate information, it is on a label on the unit, just inside the louver you removed under the fridge.
Wingerdinger is offline   Reply With Quote