Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2013, 04:57 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Hello there,

New User Charlie W.here just checking in. I was curious if there were enough people on here with a Crossroads Hill Country custom RV's to warrant a separate discussion topic ? These are pretty much identical to the Sunset Trail line, but have been customized with a Texas theme. I just purchased an HCT 32RL and I'm sure I will have lots of questions and comments.

Good to be here !
I grew up in motorhomes and Rv's, but have never owned one myself, so any advice is appreciated.

Charlie W.
West Point, TX

cwalther1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 05:10 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Welcome Charlie from a fellow Texan. The Hill Country units are mainly just here in Texas so not many on here. Let me also invite you to the Texas Rally we are having next May in Kerrville. It would be a great place to meet fellow owners and we always have a good time.

http://forums.crossroadsrv.com/forum...14-texas-rally
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 05:27 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

thanks for the info Hunter11. We will consider the Texas Rally next May. It might actually be cool enough to tolerate, ha ! Been a long hot summer already, and another month and a half to go.

Once we take possession, I'll post some pics.

Appreciate the hospitatlity !

Charlie in West Point
Old 08-07-2013, 10:49 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Welcome Charlie. You wil find this to be a very informative forum. Lots of folks with lots of info. Just ask any questions you have. Enjoy! Go Well
Reese 16K Slider Wet Bolts
socoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:09 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

First trip was successful, with 3 problems. They have since then been resolved and will be taking her out again next week.

1. Weld on stairs broke and steps had to be supported by a stack of wood blocks. - Dealer replaced steps.
2. When leaving, hooked up Sani-Flush and flooded bathroom. Dealer replaced elbow shaped valve/tank connector.
3. LED Awning lights had several spots where lights were out. Dealer replaced LED strip on both awnings.

Other than that, everything worked great.

Question, I bought the E4 Equalizer bars. When I make sharp turns, it makes some squealing noises, sometimes it makes a popping noise as I turn, is this normal ? The dealer said it would pop when I picked it up.

Ready to Rumble
Old 10-07-2013, 12:43 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

The noise is perfectly normal and is caused by the spring bars moving back and forth on the brackets. This noise will only be heard at low speeds. DO NOT GREASE the bars and brackets. this friction is required for the anti sway to work properly. I love ours it works great. towed over 2200 miles so far with no sway..

Jason & Wendy
2014 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L PSD
2015 Keystone Montana 3711FL
B&W Patriot 16K Fifth Wheel Hitch
cw3jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 10:21 AM   #7
New Camper

Welcome as well, just joined, and have a Hill Country 32RL myself, 2014, live in teh austin area. has anyone had any issues with the awning lights dimming and stopping working on a few of the leds? one of mine is perfect, and the other is dim and spotty. is there a good source for purchasing the part to repair or replace?
billyg80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 09:22 AM   #8
New Camper

Noise on EQ Hitch & LED Awning Lights

@Charlie,

EQ has come out with Vinyl pads that go on the brackets under the propane. Equal-i-zer 95015150 Spring Arm

They also re-designed the Lock pins so they don't bend and there is a grease that EQ puts out to put on the vinyl pads.

https://www.amazon.com/Equal-i-zer-9...VC8K4JGX9P1RXG

https://www.amazon.com/Equal-i-zer-9...QXMR7W4CG3Z43W

This has SUBSTANTIALLY reduced the noise and wear.

I too have had the LED lights replaced on my 32RL awning while under warranty. A year later and they are out again. Anyone ever find a part number as I may try and replace them myself?

Thank you everyone!
bakidoman is offline   Reply With Quote