Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2010, 07:26 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

I am a new owner of an 07 Sunsetter (the kind with quad bunks) I opened the valve to the ht wtr heater and filled the cold water tank. The pump ran until the ht tank was filled. I ran the cold side on every faucet til all the pink stiff was gone. I then began running the hot side. It ran and ran and ran and never went clear. I thought I may have to drain the outside valves but only a little stuff came out. So, do I just keep running and running it until no more pink stuff comes out? That may take a long time!
Thanks guys!
We take our first trip in 2 weeks and I want to get it all ready.
PS. I bought a $200 portable grill at a garage sale in like new shape for $50!!

2 Boys/2 Girls

Galesburg, MI
CampDad10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 08:59 AM   #2
Seasonal Camper

if you opened the hot water heater then you probably pumped all the antifreeze into the tank.Shut off the pump relieve the pressure and drain the tank from the out side by removing the plug on the water tank itself,I think by the outside valves that you may be talking about the low water drain is this correct?If not and you did remove the plug from the tank and did not get much maybe you had a airlock try to open a faucet as well.It is going to take longer to rinse it all out because it got into the tank but this should help.Next time do not open the hot water bypass until you rinse all the lines.Common mistake on the first time you are not the first.That's a good deal on your grill what brand did you get.

2019 Volante 240RL
mapachoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 10:27 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

Thanks, I'll try it in the morning! I got the Thermos brand. I wanted the Coleman but this has many similar features including a griddle.
Yes, I was talking about the lower water drain. There may be a vacuum so I will open the faucet too.

2 Boys/2 Girls

Galesburg, MI
Old 05-15-2010, 12:36 PM   #4
Family Vacation Member

CampDad10, is your Thermos the Grill2Go model? We have that unit and really like it a lot. I can be doing meat on one side and veggies on the other, or sausage patties/links and pancakes at the same time. Nice Unit.

Kernersville, NC

2011 Ram 4500 SLT 4x4

2005 PF36SK
delqcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 04:55 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

I will have to check the mode on that grill. Judging by what you are describing this grill can do that. It does have the swing over griddle that covers the left half of the grill. I still have to try that water trick to clean the hot wtr tank.

2 Boys/2 Girls

Galesburg, MI