Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-28-2013, 01:12 AM   #1
New Camper

I bought a Sunset Trail 32 RL 2 months ago and still haven't been able to use it. I purchased it in South Carolina at a dealership an hour from where I live. I took it on a "dry run" in my back yard to make sure nothing was wrong. It poured rain that night and I'm glad it did. The left slide had a leaky seal. I woke up to a very wet floor. I took my camper to a competitor that is 5 minutes from my house. The dealership in South Carolina told me that was ok because the unit was warrantied.
Although it was covered under warranty, the seal was replaced and supposed to work. They the slide in and out and put a hose on it. Guess what, it ripped the new seal. It seems there is a flaw in where the motor is located too close to the seal and it tears it. It sat at the competitors lot for 2 months. Crossroads is very difficult to get ahold of a customer service rep. I finally complained enough that I got ahold of "Terry". Who on 4 seperate phone calls, never seemed to have any notes as to who I was and promised each time to "get right back to me once he heard from the repair team." I now have my camper back and left the slides out last night due to rain. Guess what? The left slide is now dry. However the skylight which did not leak before does. The repair team at the competitor took both slides out and was supposed to be sure that it didn't happen again. Now the right slide leaks, which it didn't before. I'm so disappointed that I have this ongoing problem and no one seems to care. They have my $35,000.00. Buyer beware! As for me, I'm just getting started on my course of action!

Sincerely,

David Gunn

Old 04-28-2013, 01:29 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Welcome to the NEW Crossroads.David, sorry to hear of your problems especially a brand new trailer. Seems like Crossroads cut their warranty in half and made a 12 point promise they can't seem to keep. It is a real shame to see a company that use to be one of the best out there for customer service, quality and warranty slowly degrade like they have over the last couple of years.All I can say is stay on them and your dealer before they put the problem off long enough you run out of warranty. Keep us informed on your progress.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 03:17 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

promises are made to be broken. So it seams is a warrenty.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 03:30 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

I hope you get things resolved. It is a shame what is happening to a once great company. Maybe this is what happens when you bring in a bunch of new management from a failed company (Carriage) and they start making the same old mistakes. Just saying.
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
dalemac377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:16 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

David.. I hope your issue was resolved. This is our first C.R. ( we have the same unit as you do) . We owned a Forest River before ( FlagStaff) and when I first bought the camper ( 31KRSS ) we has some major issue with it, But I have to say, Forest River took my Trailer back to IN. and made all of the repairs. We live in PA , so were not around the corner from IN. Their Customer Service was fantasic! I hope that your issue is not how C.R . handels Customers regular. Please keep us posted. And I hope you guys get to enjoy this camping season !!
Old 05-03-2013, 12:42 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

I use e-mail to communicate with the RV dealer service manager and the Crossroads service reps. This provides them and me with documentation the communication took place. If possible take pictures and send them with the e-mails. The Crossroads service reps have been quick responding to my concerns.

It may be time for Crossroads to put the unit on a flatbed and take it back to the factory for repairs if the RV dealer can't fix the issues.

</span>

2012 Cruiser Patriot CF335SS.

2011 Silverado 3500HD LTZ CCLB Duramax SRW 4X4

https://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/...ailerKeuka.jpg
NorskeNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 02:58 AM   #7
Full Time Camper

That sucks, I would be beyond pissed spending that much for a new camper and things still are not fixed. You think Crossroads would spend more time in building their campers when at the factory that way in the long run not only would it save them money but have a lot happier campers.

Good luck with getting her fixed

Chris & Karen- Heyworth, Illinois
2009 CF32BL pulled by a 2011 RAM 2500 CTD 4x4
PullRite Superglide 18K hitch
2015stats:
Nights: 28
Miles: 3245
longhauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 04:23 AM   #8
Weekend Camper

Curious if you were able to get your problems resolved. Ours is having a similar issue. They pulled out the slide to "put the hose on it" and something tore a hole in the vinyl flooring. Now they say they are going to replace the floor!
2011 Chevy 2500HD
Mackspoppie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:32 AM   #9
New Camper

Count yourself lucky if it ends at that. All I know is that I have had a major problem with my A/C (wiring was screwed up), the rubber roof replaced 2x (the newest one looks like bubble wrap that was put on by a 4th grader), and the back outside rear panel replaced because it was bowing and leaking. And all this happened in the span of24 months from purchase. And there is more..... ithas been sitting at the dealer since April undergoing yet another major repair. I may get it back this week. All of these are, in my opinion, manufacturing defects. It seems like it was put together by autoworkers from the 1970s. I count myself lucky that my warranty was 2 years, and once everything is finally fixed, I think I might be dumping the trailer to go back to my old brand. All I know is that I had that one for about 8 years, not a single major problem. Too bad too. My ST32BH is one nice looking trailer. Always get a lot of comments about how pretty it is (that is, when it is not in the darn repair shop).
jabbott44 is offline   Reply With Quote