Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-13-2019, 07:01 PM   #21
Family Vacation Member

I don't believe mine has a gearbox with a woodruff key.

The shaft on the end of my motor has a slot that slides over the roll pin, which is driven through the coupler. (see photos above for these parts) When activated the motor shaft rotates the coupler. At the other end of the coupler there is another roll pin, which is driven through the coupler and threaded rod.

There are two rods, one left hand thread and the other is right hand thread (I believe they are called Acme all thread, ready rod, ?? etc.).

The rods are connected by another coupler in the center of the jack assembly. I'm not sure if they have roll pins in this coupler as I haven't got there yet. On the end of the threaded rod on the opposite side of the trailer from the motor there is a location for the manual crank. It appears that this is a roll pin driven through the threaded rod which accepts the fitting on the end of the crank handle supplied for manual operation.

When everything works: the motor shaft turns the coupler which turns the two threaded rods, which are connected to the legs on the jack. The threaded rods rotate in opposite direction through a nut on the legs, which raise and lower them.

If this is the same principle as yours please send a picture of the woodruff key and where exactly it is located.

This is a learning experience for me and every little bit helps.
Old 10-13-2019, 08:43 PM   #22
New Camper

I have one that I repaired. I'll take a picture of it tomorrow and post it to compare to yours.
Grayghost is offline   Reply With Quote