Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-01-2023, 11:34 AM   #1
New Camper

manual override 2022 253rb

In our 2022 Sunset trail 253rb, the rear lower cable of the slideout snapped. Slide is open. I have the crank, but can't see where it is supposed to go. I have searched the manual, online websites given in the manual, and youtube videos, and have not found anything to help. They all assume you know where it goes. Any help will be appreciated. Of course, it's the weekend and service department is closed. HELP!
Old 04-01-2023, 07:07 PM   #2
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by epcolumbus View Post
In our 2022 Sunset trail 253rb, the rear lower cable of the slideout snapped. Slide is open. I have the crank, but can't see where it is supposed to go. I have searched the manual, online websites given in the manual, and youtube videos, and have not found anything to help. They all assume you know where it goes. Any help will be appreciated. Of course, it's the weekend and service department is closed. HELP!
HAve you looked inside the trailer above the slide out? I think it is up there. I have the same trailer.
CanadianDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 04:26 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

On my 222rb there is a hole on the end of the slide motor that you insert a #3 robertson bit and use flexible bit holder to manually move the slide. Just to clarify the hole where the bit goes is on the side of the motor not on the gear case side.
Old 04-06-2023, 05:59 PM   #4
Weekend Camper

If the cable is snapped, I doubt the slide will come in. If it does move, I'd be very careful of the slide alignment with the trailer. You don't want to get the slide jammed sideways.
I'd have some help watching the slide retract.