Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-10-2016, 05:01 PM   #21
Weekend Camper

Nuthing seems to make any difference with our Zinger! Installed 3 roof vent covers last yr & had them open all summer, Along with a few windows cracked. Except for when the furnace is running we are generally always ventilating. Left roof vents & a cpl windows open all winter although didn't help much when there was a ft of snow on the roof for months.

This smell we get smells a lot like mildew, musty smell at 1st.. but after u get inside it smells like the same old smell the unit has always smelt like inside since new. (especially in the cabinets.) Now it's almost 3yrs old & almost seems worse right now than anytime in the past......?

cc
CanukCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 06:25 PM   #22
Family Vacation Member

Canukcamper LIoyd in another post posted one other thing to try
here is a link to that you may try that, I am going to try that this summer
to get the rest of the smell out
http://www.crossroadsowners.com/foru...ell-11195.html
ridgerunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 08:59 AM   #23
Weekend Camper

ridgerunner69: Yes I have read about this procedure for combating persistant odor. I was astounded at first, that one would attempt to combat one nasty chemical (smell) by introducing another nasty chemical!

Previously, I discussed this treatment with Crossroads, our local dealer, and a reliable, independent, local RV service center. Neither of them confessed to ever hearing about this issue or the rather controversial ammonia procedure. Nobody in the business would of coarse admit to hearing of the problem, or recommend trying this.

Our unit is 3 yrs old & I don't know but the odor is getting worse. I Just may have to try an ammonia treatment this spring as my wife & I are tired & fustrated with the stinky odor in addition to the Taste on our food! I am not a big fan of introducing another chemical to the equation but if there is a chance it will reduce or eliminate the odor it may be worth a try.
CanukCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 11:41 PM   #24
New Camper

Does it smell like a chemical plastic odor? Permiates into everything? If so, look up crossroads rv chemical odor.
Freelancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 11:42 PM   #25
New Camper

Look up crossroads rv chemical odor on face book. There are many of us.
Freelancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 05:37 AM   #26
New Camper

Same old same old it will never go away.Took some cloths home from trailer to wash them you can smell it down in our basement.There are two solutions 1 sell it or 2 leave it there to rot.
Sunny Dunn is offline   Reply With Quote