Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-08-2013, 09:34 AM   #1
New Camper

Wepurchaseda brand new2012 Sunset trail reserve and love it.In Sept 2012on our 3rd camping trip we went to put down the front electricstabilizer jacks and the motor was froze up. My husband had to remove the motor and manually put front jacks down. After we returned from our trip we took the trailer tohave warranty work completed on the jacks. We have had nothing but trouble with these electric stabilizer jacks the front have had to be replaced 3 times and the rear twice. Now they are stating the outside switch is what is causing these motors to burn up. They really need to move the switches to another location then under the trailer. The RV service center told my husband the best thing to do was unhook the outside switches and use the remote control. We did that and have not had any trouble since.
ekimdmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 11:11 AM   #2
Seasonal Camper

The electric front and rear jacks are one thing I could do without. The manual ones for sure are more reliable and if you want it faster bring the cordless drill. I already am having issues with my switches sticking. I think a mod is in order to better protect them.
I am not even sure they are meant to be exposed to the outside, let alone the road grime, salt, water etc....

Edited by: mnsunset
Old 08-08-2013, 12:23 PM   #3
Family Vacation Member

Check out the Upgrades and Modifications Section. user harley has a great mod to fix this, provided good pictures as well. Check it out, will be doing this mod myself. Just got 2 new switches on warranty.

Kagex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 12:41 PM   #4
Seasonal Camper

Our last camping trip, the switch stuck on the rear jacks after I let it go. As I continued packing up I heard a clicking from the front storage compartment. I guess it was resetting the fuse and tripping repeatedly. I eventually figured out thats what it was. I ran the jacks back down for a few seconds and then back up. It was fine after that. But I suppose its just another thing to keep an eye on. Maybe I'll have to find harley's mod again and look into it.
'11 Crossroads Cruiser CF325CK

https://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/...4/S4011042.jpg
happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 11:53 AM   #5
New Camper

Thank you I will have my husband check that out
ekimdmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 11:56 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

I just had the same experience as Happycampers; after leveling my Camper and lowering the jacks I kept hearing the same clicking noise from the front compartment. I ran the jacks back up then down and ut stopped but I noticed that the front switch was sticking a bit. I do have a leak in the awning rail right above that switch and the condensation from the AC seems to find it's way down to the switch. I'll check out Harley's mod or remove the switches ans use the remote.

https://i819.photobucket.com/albums/z...ailsCamper.jpghttps://ptarthur.com/Sunsettrailscamper.jpg
ptarthur is offline   Reply With Quote