Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-22-2013, 04:45 PM   #1
New Camper

Hi everyone I'm new to the site and this line of tt and I've got a few questions before I make my purchase.Im looking at a 32rl bumper pull and a 26rb 5th wheel.II really like the RL model but here are my concerns
1-because the tv swivels from the living room to the outside kitchen area will that cause it to let in cold/hot air or does it seal good?
2-At 32' it seems really long for a bumper pull
3-will it cost more to order the same unit but just shorter?

My questions with the 26rb 5th wheel is
1-it seems like its too short to be a 5th wheel and might be difficult to tow
2-I never liked the slide out on the curb side because I'm afraid my kids might bp there heads on the corners does anyone have issues with that?Ive got more questions but can't rember them all.Ive got a 2008 gmc duramax short bed so I know I can tow either one with no problem.Thanks in advance.
Shaung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:58 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Send a message via MSN to tator447

New guy,
I can't answer some of your questions, but as far as the street side slide out I also had one on my previous 28RKX. I bought one of the swimming noodles, slit it down the middle and stick it on there...it sticks out on both ends and if you do bump into it...you bump into the end of the noodle...no hard-no foul. I actually started carrying spares to give away when I met others with the same setup. They don't cost that much, they're great conversation starters...and it's a nice way to make endearing friends.

Travel well, whichever unit you choose,
Jim

Jim & Linda Tator
Watertown, WI
2013 Crusier CF34SS GMC 3500 8.1L Dually
154 nights in 2013 - 4,370 miles
178 nights in 2014 - 5,082 miles
365 nights in 2015 - 6,040 miles
tator447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:05 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Good luck on your camper decision and welcome to the forum. x2 on what Jim said. I too use the swimming noodles. I hit my head one time on the corner and that will be the last time because it hurts. I bought the yellow ones because yellow makes me think of caution when I see it. You will like towing the 5th wheel a lot better then the TT, but the con of the 5th wheel you lose your bed space. I went from a TT to a 5ver and I don't plan on ever going back to a TT.

Travel safe,
Chris

Chris & Karen- Heyworth, Illinois
2009 CF32BL pulled by a 2011 RAM 2500 CTD 4x4
PullRite Superglide 18K hitch
2015stats:
Nights: 28
Miles: 3245
longhauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:26 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

Hello Newbie !

I have a 2013 Sunset 29rl Reserve.

The exterior door for the tv doesn't leak air. yet

The length of the TT is 34.5, tows well but a totally new

experience moving up from a 26' TT

Money wise......aggressive negotiating or go in on the last business

day of a very slow sales month.
2006 2500HD CC LB 6.0 gas Silverado 4:10
gasmantexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:45 AM   #5
New Camper

My first choice would be the 32rl just because I love the floor plan.The only reason I considered the 5er was because they are both the exact same price at $33k.Just curios what yiu guys payed for yours so I can see Whats a reasonable price.I think the wife and I are going down there this weekend to see if they can find us a 28 footer in the RL floor plan or if we have to order..
Old 04-23-2013, 10:13 AM   #6
Seasonal Camper

The MSRP on mine was over $33k and I paid $19.5K plus tax & license.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:47 PM   #7
Weekend Camper

Try this web site. Seedealercost.com. Let me know what y'all think. I used it to negotiate price. Best site I have ever found.

2012 ST26BH - 2008 Chevy Silverado.
JayLow123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:56 PM   #8
Full Time Camper

unless I'm misreading your post you want to know if you can order the same trailer but have the dealer make it shorter. Typically I don't think this can be done. It is kind of like asking ford to take a car off the assembly line and change its specs to be built to what you want size wise.

in terms of long, it is long but not the longest. As a TT gets longer your camping sites will be more limited. I don't know much bout California campgrounds but you could call around and find out length restrictions to get an idea of how easy or hard it will be to get a site. I pull a TT that is 30 ft bumper to ball. I have found the I wouldn't want to go much longer due to maneuvering in campgrounds but I also have a longer TV than you do. my rig is 53' overall. I have had many sites here on the east coast that are tight and many that would easily accommodate a much larger trailer. I know I have sacrificed some sites for the length but to our family it is worth it.

as for 5er vs TT. we started with this TT and are now looking at a 35' fiver. from what I understand a 5er is supposed to tow better but I haven't driven one yet.happy hunting.Edited by: anaro

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:24 PM   #9
New Camper

Thanks for the link but it says that it doesn't have dealer invoice pricing on 2013, it only has pricing for 2012.What I was wondering if I could order a shorter model but according to the manufacturers website that particular model is only available in that length.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:55 PM   #10
Family Vacation Member

If that model is only available in that length I dont think you will be able to order in a shorter length. I went from a TT to a 5th wheel and the ride when towing is like night and day. Its hard to do and it took me two trailers to get there,but its worth the extra money if you can swing it. But I could could have used that cash for a trip to SO CAL. Maybe next year. LOL. Wish we had your weather in Kansas!
Old 04-26-2013, 01:16 PM   #11
Family Vacation Member

We have had many brands and lengths of TT and 5vrs. Love the 5vrs, will never go back to a TT. Our total length of our 5vr and TV is 55 feet. Here in Albertaif you go to a Provincial campground or Federal, you can goonline and book. At that time they ask what size of rig you have. They will then tell you which one will work for you. I have made up a book with what campsites will work at what campgrounds that we have tried. I also order "The Big Rigs Best bets campground directory. You can get it for online or book form. Very good especially for the states.
We also use the swimming noodles. When we are camped that is the first thing that gets put on the slide. Hit my head too many times, finally got the message. I always carry spares in case one goes missing. Just remember to remove them before you put your slide in.

2010 Seville 35CK

2011 Dodge 3500 D.D.MCAB

https://i900.photobucket.com/albums/a...r/photo2-2.jpg
Hummer is offline   Reply With Quote