Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-24-2016, 10:50 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

New Sunset Trail questions

Hello,
New to Crossroads RV's and have a few generic questions.

1. We didn't receive a manual for the Jenson radio.
Switch A turns on the inside speakers, switch B turns on the right-hand outside speaker, and switch C does nothing. How do you turn on the left-hand outside speaker and what does switch C do?
2. How do you properly adjust/pitch the power awning? The manuals are pretty generic.

Thanks,

Doug

Model: 2017 Sunset Trail 290QB
2010 Dodge Ram 1500 with a Hemi
paguy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 12:32 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

The awning pitch can be adjusted by pulling down/pushing up on the lower connecting arm that is attached to the trailer. There should be two arms joined by a pivot point. Don't lower so much that it connects the top of a slide though as it could rub a hole in it if left that way.

Not sure on the radio. Our C button is nothing, and you likely adjust the speakers through the balance or fade mode. Can't recall which button gets you there though.
Former: Crossroads ST26RB
Steve7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 12:34 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

"B" should turn both out speakers on . Probably a wire not connected. Hopefully not at the speaker as they are sealed with sealant and hard to get out.

It was a rainy few days at Algonquin Prov park...tarps kept us dry.
Wayne --Belle River (Windsor), Ontario
2013 Sunset Trail Reserve 25RB..(just sold it)
2015 White Chev Silverado 2500HD 4x4 (6.0 l gasser)
2003 Mountain Star 890SBRX Truck Camper
harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 05:22 AM   #4
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by harley View Post
"B" should turn both out speakers on . Probably a wire not connected. Hopefully not at the speaker as they are sealed with sealant and hard to get out.
X2. Also you can go to Jenson's website and download the manual for you unit.
Reese DC
hondavalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 06:59 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

I kept trying to adjiust my power awning, and it would just slide back into place. But every time it rained, I would go out and find the awning really low on one side. Went through the manual and saw a bit about it being self adjusting. When there is water on it, it automatically drops one side to let the water off. That said, we put pool noodles over the top of the slide so that the awning doesn't wear from rubbing on the top of the slide when it drops or when the wound blows.
As for the speakers, I'd ditto the loose or unconnected wire. Dealer told me c was for speakers in bunkhouse and/or bedroom if installed.
Melodique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 11:38 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

My speaker wiring was really crossed up behind the stereo. the left speakers of the inside and outside were wired to the "A" channel and the right speakers were wired to the "B" channel. sounds like you have a similar wiring cross up going on as well. the channels are labeled on the back so it was an easy but annoying fix. Didn't catch it on the purchase walk through as I just cut on both channels and verified that all 4 speakers were working so I resolved it at the campsite we went to for our shake down cruise as it was the only problem found and wasn't worth the gas back to the dealership

2014 ST32RL
2012 F250 XLT 6.2L
EQUAL-I-ZER HITCH
zrxkuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 02:46 PM   #7
Weekend Camper

update

I figured out the awning pitch and LED lights. There was a little connector for the LED lights that was simply not connected. As for the outside speakers...pulled everything apart. Still cannot find issue. Taking it to the dealer. Have a feeling it's behind the speaker. Problem is that it is nicely caulked.
Old 08-14-2016, 06:20 PM   #8
Site Team

If you can work a caulk gun, you can nicely recaulk it after you check it out. Unless it's under warranty.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 10:21 AM   #9
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by paguy77 View Post
Hello,
New to Crossroads RV's and have a few generic questions.

1. We didn't receive a manual for the Jenson radio.
Switch A turns on the inside speakers, switch B turns on the right-hand outside speaker, and switch C does nothing. How do you turn on the left-hand outside speaker and what does switch C do?
2. How do you properly adjust/pitch the power awning? The manuals are pretty generic.

Thanks,

Doug

Model: 2017 Sunset Trail 290QB
2010 Dodge Ram 1500 with a Hemi
Sounds like you figured out the wiring. i just bought a 2017 ST320BH and my "c" channel turns on the speakers in the bunkhouse.
Spasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 10:37 AM   #10
Site Team

Here's the link for Jensen manuals. https://www.jensenrvdirect.com/manuals-guides

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 11:14 AM   #11
Seasonal Camper

"B" Should be outside speakers, both of them. You could pull the unit and ensure its plugged in.
2015 ST270BH
https://burgpath.us/photos/index.php?cat=13
Burgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 05:48 AM   #12
Weekend Camper

Speakers

I pulled the stereo and Checked the wiring. Everything is labeled and seems ok.
Crossroads is sending me a tube of clear and a tube of colored caulk. Once I get it I'll move the non working speaker over to the good side.
Old 08-27-2016, 10:58 AM   #13
Weekend Camper

The positive wire was not connected behind the speaker.
Old 08-28-2016, 10:46 AM   #14
Seasonal Camper

Glad it was a simple fix!
2015 ST270BH
https://burgpath.us/photos/index.php?cat=13
Burgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 10:32 PM   #15
Weekend Camper

Anyone know how to make the TV audio functional when the TV is spun around to the bedroom and your watching a DVD? Only the overhead speakers work and I have to get up out of bed and go around the center cabinet anytime the volume needs adjustment. With the TV facing the Kitchen, it's not an issue. Only when watching a movie and the TV cabinet is spun around to the bedroom.
Old 09-12-2016, 10:47 PM   #16
Weekend Camper

Sound

Try taking off the back plate on the tv. Sounds like a loose wire or disconnected wire.
Old 09-13-2016, 04:56 PM   #17
Weekend Camper

I'll check that...since the subject on sound with these Jensen units came up, I thought I would jump in. I'll report back after this weekend and let you know what I find!
Old 09-18-2016, 04:57 PM   #18
New Camper

2014 Sunset Trail Reserve

Hello everyone,

I have a couple of questions: We have had our camper a year now and we are the second owners of it and love it to death. So here are my questions,

1) I've been on the roof twice now to wash and condition the rubber roofing, but when I walk on it, it sounds and feels like I'm going through it, I hear cracking noises! Where so I walk on the roof?

2) with my stabilizers fully down, I still get bouncing and rocking of my camper, is this normal? and what should I do to prevent it?

3) I have a GFCI problem in the bathroom, it has popped on me twice now and won't reset, unless I shut all electrical to the camper. Any Ideas?

Thank you
Mike
kelley4645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 07:12 PM   #19
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelley4645 View Post
Hello everyone,

I have a couple of questions: We have had our camper a year now and we are the second owners of it and love it to death. So here are my questions,

1) I've been on the roof twice now to wash and condition the rubber roofing, but when I walk on it, it sounds and feels like I'm going through it, I hear cracking noises! Where so I walk on the roof?

2) with my stabilizers fully down, I still get bouncing and rocking of my camper, is this normal? and what should I do to prevent it?

3) I have a GFCI problem in the bathroom, it has popped on me twice now and won't reset, unless I shut all electrical to the camper. Any Ideas?

Thank you
Mike
1). I would b very careful when on the roof. Do you have an attached ladder? I have a ladder and mine is very solid. My buddy has a 2015 with no ladder and his sounds like yours. Definitely try to walk on the roof joists. Even better, put smooth plywood on top to walk on to distribute your weight better.

2). Bounce is gonna happen. Some use X-Chalks between the wheels and they say it helps a lot. Others use types of crossbars that you can purchase and connect.

3). Don't know too much about electrical issus, but someone will chime in.

Good luck!
Former: Crossroads ST26RB
Steve7 is offline   Reply With Quote