Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-17-2013, 01:28 PM   #1
New Camper

We are looking to purchase our first TT. The Sunset Trail ST32RL has caught our eye and we love the layout. Anyone had any experience with this model or Sunset Trails in general. In the JR consumer Resource guide CrossRoads has a really low rating and this concerns me. Need some opinions from owners.
onetahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 02:41 PM   #2
Site Team

Here is another lick to check out. It is rated by Rv owners. http://www.rv-coach.com/rv/rating/ra...v_results.html
You'll get alot of different opinions on this forum. Good luck and welcome to the forum.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:53 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

We have a 2012 ST 30RK. Our choices were between the one you are looking at and the RK. We love our Sunset Trail and have had no issues. I can't wait to go on our next trip!

2012 ST 30RK
DonCon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:14 PM   #4
New Camper

Old 07-17-2013, 10:16 PM   #5
New Camper

Thanks Don those are the kind of replies that I am looking for.
Old 07-17-2013, 11:31 PM   #6
Full Time Camper

love our trailer, small issues like, caulking missing in spots and over torqued screws and bolts with snaped heads, but all were caught on PDI and taken care of. Find the trailer you like and do a good PDI. The industry as a whole pushes these things out without alot of quality control, Regardless of brand.

Jason & Wendy
2014 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L PSD
2015 Keystone Montana 3711FL
B&W Patriot 16K Fifth Wheel Hitch
cw3jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 11:51 PM   #7
Seasonal Camper

Have had my ST29SS for a year now and other than a couple of personal mods have had no real problems.
Reese DC
hondavalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:23 AM   #8
Weekend Camper

We just bought our unit this year. We have had aJayco and a Forrect River product before. We do love out Sunset Trail 32RL. So far we have had no big issues with it. We have been out in it 6 times so far this year getting ready for our long trip to Myrtle Beach first week in Aug. The unit is very roomy inside. As for storage , It could use one more way of storage on the out side, as for the inside storage , cabniets, etc. There is pleanty of that. Under the bed has a lot of storage space. You will love the unit, Hopefully you have a good dealer in your area. Ours is fanatsic. they are called Fretz RV in PA. Gopod luick and Happy Camping !!!
Old 07-18-2013, 04:24 AM   #9
Seasonal Camper

The Sunset Trail line has some very appealing floor plans. As far as Crossroads, all I will say it they aren't what they used to be. If I was in the market to purchase a new RV I would use the "lack of quality and craftsmanship" that is industry wide to get a discounted price. The price tag of today's RV isn't worth what you are getting. Don't settle for a subpar RV that has an perfect RV price tag.
https://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...04/TheRig3.jpg
scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 03:04 PM   #10
Weekend Camper

I will have to agree with the others, in that, many of the issues you will find CR owner/forum members complaining about are really an industry wide problem. We have had our 25RB since Sept. of '12 and, so far, the few warranty issues have been taken care of promptly.

The suggestions to catch what you can at PDI are very good. Make time for a thorough PDI on your unit of choice. I didn't make the time when I took delivery of mine and have found myself tying up a number of minor loose ends. For one, take your own stepladder and check every inch of caulking on the unit. top to bottom as CR only warrants 'caulking' for 30 days.

Overall, in12 trips totaling 2400 miles,</span>we are thoroughly enjoying our ST25RB and have no regrets over the purchase.</span>
2006 Ford F-250 6.0L

logicsrealm is offline   Reply With Quote