Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-12-2012, 01:05 PM   #21
Full Time Camper

Send a message via MSN to tator447

This is the model I have in my unit and all components work as specified. You cannot go wrong with this. However one word of warning, I tried to plug in a 1GB USB with 100 songs on it. They would not load. As far as I can tell them most you can load is a CD/DVD with about 30 songs. If anyone else has found a way to load more songs from a USB please let me know.

Thanks,
Jim

Jim & Linda Tator
Watertown, WI
2013 Crusier CF34SS GMC 3500 8.1L Dually
154 nights in 2013 - 4,370 miles
178 nights in 2014 - 5,082 miles
365 nights in 2015 - 6,040 miles
tator447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:40 AM   #22
Seasonal Camper

Crossroads just offered to SELL me a new Jensen unit to replace the unit that does not function properly.
Heck, I can order one from amazon if thats the case.
Kinda disappointed at this outcome.
Anyone else have better luck?

mnsunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 12:50 PM   #23
Full Time Camper

Sorry to hear that mnsunset, but you never did say what year or model your unit is. Are you out of warranty, if not I would not pay for anything. JMHO

Jim

Jim & Linda Tator
Watertown, WI
Old 08-13-2012, 03:11 PM   #24
Seasonal Camper

Sorry my bad.
2013 ST22B.
I've had it let see now.....
about 16 weeks.
It is a problem that they (crossroads) does not want to admit exists.

Old 08-25-2012, 12:57 AM   #25
Weekend Camper

I have a 2012 26bh and have the same problem.

I pulled the Jensen unit out and spliced the TV audio-in wires into the spare speaker channel C wires. It works fine if you turn off channels A & B. If you don't, you get the delay echo from the TV.

Another thing is no TV audio output to channel A or B which would be nice if you want to listen to TV while you are working at the barbecue.

Let me know if Crossroads lets someone swap out the Jensen unit for one that powers all of the speaker channels including the TV please because I'll be next in line for the swap.
jtippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:36 AM   #26
Weekend Camper

I wonder if it's got something to do with the way the dealers hook the TV up when they install it. My rig is a 2012 and the DVD sound comes out of the TV Speakers and the stereo. You do have an echo when you have both tv and stereo playing sound but at least when I turn the TV to the bedroom I have sound on the TV and can turn the stereo speakers off.
Old 08-25-2012, 03:02 AM   #27
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tator447

This is the model I have in my unit and all components work as specified. You cannot go wrong with this. However one word of warning, I tried to plug in a 1GB USB with 100 songs on it. They would not load. As far as I can tell them most you can load is a CD/DVD with about 30 songs. If anyone else has found a way to load more songs from a USB please let me know.

Thanks,
Jim

Make sure the USB is not formatted to NTFS. It should be formatted to FAT 32. Maybe try to reformat and be sure you use FAT 32, then try it. May or may not be your problem but an easy enough check.
joemusic321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 01:37 PM   #28
Full Time Camper

thanks Joe I will give that a try.

Jim

Jim & Linda Tator
Watertown, WI
Old 08-28-2012, 11:47 AM   #29
Family Vacation Member

FYI Chris Charles is no longer with Crossroads. I tried to get ahold of him only to be told he has left the company. Not sure what happened????

Kagex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 01:11 PM   #30
Seasonal Camper

I think we need to make a group effort to contact Crossroads to get this problem resolved.
I just returned from a 14 day trip and it kinda sucked to not be able to hear the DVD through the tv speakers when the Wife and I wanted to watch a movie but not have it broadcasted throughout the entire camper. And the opposite, the TV volume is not enough to overcome the AC while running so when it is just the TV, you can't hear it.....

Old 09-01-2012, 01:20 PM   #31
Family Vacation Member

x2 TNWB. Ours is a 2012 and we used the TV speakers to watch our DVD's in the bedroom and then use the Jensen speakers when in the living are. Certainly not surround sound but it works. Good luck mnsusnet, I'll be watching to see how it turns out.

Home is where the hookup is.
2012 ST25RB Reserve tailgating a 2011 Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax
Roadie66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 01:55 PM   #32
Seasonal Camper

TNWB,
My Jensen model does not even have an option for an audio out to feed the TV.
Crossroads admits this but wants me to pay for the unit with audio output.

Old 09-02-2012, 01:06 PM   #33
Weekend Camper

It appears as though the Crossroads Company is deflecting this issue. At least from our perspective. A simple recall of all models affected for a quick swap out of the Jensen models sound like a no brainer for a responsible and ethical company. I'm sure the cost is far lower than the potential loss of repeat sales. They have lost potentially 3 sales from our friends who looked at our 2013 29ss wanting to buy one. When we mentioned the t.v sound issue and how Crossroads is handling it, they all bought different trailers. Crossroads members obviously monitor this site, so please do the right thing and look after your customers if you want them for the long haul!

2013 Sunset Trail 29ss

Hunter(black lab) and Scout(Shishon)
northern21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:57 AM   #34
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnsunset
TNWB,
My Jensen model does not even have an option for an audio out to feed the TV.
Crossroads admits this but wants me to pay for the unit with audio output.

I'm normally on the short end of the stick when it comes to the is stuff but I guess I got lucky this time.

Mytrailer hasJensenAWM970 unit in it andthe DVD sound plays through the TV speakers, the ceiling speakers and the outdoor speakers. (I just tried it again to confirm). I have not pulled the stereo out to see how it is wired to the TV. If I get time I will attempt to do that.

I hope Crossroads steps up and takes care of this issue for those that have it. Alot of money is being spent on these trailers and forsimple things like this not to work properlyis ridiculous.

Old 09-09-2012, 02:07 PM   #35
Weekend Camper

I own a 2012 model ST26BH with the Jenson unit. Original radio had to be replaced and swapped for same model due to DVD/CD button function not working at all. New radio installed and the DVD would not play through the TV, No sound or video. So I removed the DVD player and found, the wiring connected to the audio in jacks and not the audio out jacks. Swapped the three wires (red, white & yellow) to the Audio out and all is well. Sound will play through tv speakers and both inside and outside camper speakers. Turned the camper speakers off and tv sounds great. Noticeable delay when using both tv and camper speakers. Don't think this wil be an issue, we will just turn off camper speakers when watching dvds in bed or turn off tv speakers when watching dvds from kitchen side.

Jason

2012 ST26BH - 2008 Chevy Silverado.
JayLow123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 02:29 PM   #36
Seasonal Camper

Just goes to show that not all the RV's are created equal. I had a friend double check my unit, he specializes in auto audio systems. It is impossible with my set up to have the TV sound fed to the RV speakers. Only the DVD audio. And no way for that same audio (DVD) to be heard from the TV.
At least I know its not me now....

Old 09-09-2012, 02:44 PM   #37
Weekend Camper

Mnsunset, i may have explained it a little confusing. My tv will not sound through camper speakers as of now, although the DVD will work with tv and/or camper speakers.I am going to look into if my tv has a audio out to connect to the jensen or if it is even possible with these two.

I totally agree, all rv's are built differently.

2012 ST26BH - 2008 Chevy Silverado.
JayLow123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:47 AM   #38
Weekend Camper

I will try to do my best to clear up this situation so all can figure out their own situation...?

Many of the trailers have the Jensen AWM965.
This model unit has the RCA connectors on the back of it, and only 3. A RED/WHITE and a YELLOW.
One would think they are all for either an Input function or an output function, but they are not.
Yellow = Video Out.
Red/White = Audio in.

What this means is that the AWM965 has no ability to output audio to any LINE IN source, such as the TV. DVD's running on this unit will not play audio to the TV.
That being said, you do have the ability to play TV audio to the unit, by plugging in the AUDIO OUT from the back of the TV to the RED/WHITE on the back of the AWM965. You will then have to select the source for that audio to play, as well as the speakers you want it to play on (A/B/C)

The AWM970 and 975 both have the ability to have full AUDIO/VIDEO output as well as AUDIO/VIDEO input.

I got a hold of my dealer and Crossroads, and after a week or so of emails back and forth, had them send out a AWM970 to replace my 965. I then installed it myself, in about 10 minutes. (It really is that easy. It's all wire taps, that you can just carefully pop open and reuse with the new harness, 1 wire at a time so you don't mix anything up).

The new unit works great.

For those of you that do have the AWM965, you do have an option for getting audio to the TV aside from having the unit replaced for something else.
You can install a LINE OUTPUT CONVERTER.
This can be purchased at most car audio shops, anywhere from $10 to $30.
It's a simple little box that you would, in our case, connect the "C" channel speaker output wires off the back of the Jensen AWM965 to the speaker wires on the unit. (Butt connectors, or splice and solder). The other end of the LOC will have the RCA outputs that you will need to run to the AUDIO INPUT on the back of the TV. This LOC takes an amplified audio source, like the one going to the non powered speakers in your ceiling, and converts it to a non amplified audio signal that the TV can handle.

Then when you want the DVD to play on the TV, switch on channel "C" for your speakers and voila.

Hope this helps clear up the situation. I see a lot of people not quite understanding what is going on, why some of theirs works in some ways, and some don't work.

For what it's worth, the factory had ours wired up so that the RED/WHITE on the back of the AWM965 went to the Audio INPUT on the back of the TV. All that did was connect INPUT to INPUT, which of course does nothing. Don't assume because of how the wires are configured, that your device can do what it should.

Cheers.

wikdslo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:42 AM   #39
New Camper

I have a 2013 31BH and my tv has the same issue as everyone else's. I think I'm going to get a Jesen JXA3SMW and mount it on the ceiling in the front bed room and hook it up to the 'c' speaker's switch, has anyone else gone this route? I figure i can turn off 'a and b' speakers and just have 'c' going in the bedroom and still be able to hear it with the a/c running.
http://www.jensenrvdirect.com/jensen...r-speaker.html

2013 Sunset Trail 31BH
ontario campers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:05 AM   #40
Weekend Camper

I started this discussion some time ago and wanted to get an update out here that Crossroads has corrected the problem by installing a new unit under warranty that now functions properly. I spoke with Chris Charles who I read from someone else is no longer with the company. Please use my below threads as assistance and leverage for others to get their situation fixed also.

Wayne,</span></span>The model is called the AWM970� It’s the exact same in appearance as the AWM965 that you currently have however it has the audio out puts for your TV to be functional on DVD from the bedroom!</span></span>Chris</span></span><div style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; "><div style="margin: 0px; padding: 3pt 0in 0in; border-style: solid n&#111;ne n&#111;ne; border-top-width: 1pt; border-top-color: rgb181, 196, 223; "><b style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; ">From:</span>[/b]Wayne Resch [mailto:awresch@hotmail.com]<br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; "><b style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; ">Sent:[/b]Friday, August 17, 2012 10:06 AM<br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; "><b style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; ">To:[/b]ccharles@crossroadsrv.com<br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; "><b style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; ">Subject:[/b]RE: Emailing: Toshiba TV Install Process.docx</span></span></span><div style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; ">Chris,<br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; "><br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; ">Hope the day is going well for you.They are still working on my camper but they said you were sending the new stereo to them.Thank you so much for assisting us and making this a good experience.With that I am hoping you would know the model of stereo you are replacing this with and when do you anticipate it should arrive?I would like to learn about it beforehand.<br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; "><br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; ">I also wanted to confirm this stereo will still have an audio in from the tv as the current one does so I can have tv sound through the main camper speakers, and it will now have an audio out so I can have DVD sound through my tv speakers.<br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; "><br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; ">Just wanting to make sure they will be running an extra wire to the tv an not using the current one, thus eliminating the ability to get tv sound through the main speakers which we now have.<br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; "><br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; ">Thanks for your assistance... Our family greatly appreciates it.<br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; "><br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; ">Wayne Resch</span><div ="ecxMs&#111;normal" align="center" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; text-align: center; "><hr size="2" width="100%" align="center" style="text-align: -webkit-auto;margin: 0px; padding: 0px; "></span>From:ccharles@crossroadsrv.com<br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; ">Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 13:04:40 -0400<br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; ">Subject: RE: Emailing: Toshiba TV Install Process.docx<br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; ">To:awresch@hotmail.com</span><div style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; ">Wayne,</span></span></span></span></span></span>Just have them contact me directly!</span></span></span></span></span></span><div style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; "><div style="margin: 0px; padding: 3pt 0in 0in; border-style: solid n&#111;ne n&#111;ne; border-top-width: 1pt; border-top-color: rgb181, 196, 223; "><b style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; ">From:</span>[/b]Wayne Resch [mailto:awresch@hotmail.com]<br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; "><b style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; ">Sent:[/b]Thursday, August 09, 2012 3:26 PM<br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; "><b style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; ">To:[/b]ccharles@crossroadsrv.com<br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; "><b style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; ">Subject:[/b]RE: Emailing: Toshiba TV Install Process.docx</span></span></span><div style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; ">I am bringing it to my dealership in Green Bay, WI.Wagner's RV<br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; "><br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; ">www.wagnersrv.com/ContactUsPage.html<br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; "><br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; ">Please let me know if there is anything special I should do.<br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; "><br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; ">Thanks, Wayne</span><div ="ecxMs&#111;normal" align="center" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; text-align: center; "><hr size="2" width="100%" align="center" style="text-align: -webkit-auto;margin: 0px; padding: 0px; "></span>From:ccharles@crossroadsrv.com<br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; ">Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2012 07:40:08 -0400<br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; ">Subject: RE: Emailing: Toshiba TV Install Process.docx<br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; ">To:awresch@hotmail.com</span><div style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; ">Your bringing your camper here? Or to a service facility?</span></span></span></span></span></span><div style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; "><div style="margin: 0px; padding: 3pt 0in 0in; border-style: solid n&#111;ne n&#111;ne; border-top-width: 1pt; border-top-color: rgb181, 196, 223; "><b style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; ">From:</span>[/b]Wayne Resch [mailto:awresch@hotmail.com]<br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; "><b style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; ">Sent:[/b]Thursday, August 09, 2012 7:37 AM<br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; "><b style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; ">To:[/b]ccharles@crossroadsrv.com<br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; "><b style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; ">Subject:[/b]RE: Emailing: Toshiba TV Install Process.docx</span></span></span><div style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; ">Good morning,<br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; "><br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; ">I am just following up again on the DVD replacement as I am bringing my camper in this next Monday.If ready I am hoping they can replace next week also.<br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; "><br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; ">Thank you very much for your continued assistance.<br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; "><br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; ">Wayne</span><div ="ecxMs&#111;normal" align="center" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; text-align: center; "><hr size="2" width="100%" align="center" style="text-align: -webkit-auto;margin: 0px; padding: 0px; "></span>From:ccharles@crossroadsrv.com<br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; ">Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 11:48:46 -0400<br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; ">Subject: RE: Emailing: Toshiba TV Install Process.docx<br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; ">To:awresch@hotmail.com</span><div style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; ">Wayne,</span></span></span></span></span></span>I ordered some different DVD players and now I’m waiting them to come in so that I can see the difference in hardware and get a proper installation time for the service centers who will be swapping them out!</span></span></span></span></span></span>Sincerely,</span></span></span>Chris</span></span></span></span></span></span><div style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; "><div style="margin: 0px; padding: 3pt 0in 0in; border-style: solid n&#111;ne n&#111;ne; border-top-width: 1pt; border-top-color: rgb181, 196, 223; "><b style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; ">From:</span>[/b]Wayne Resch [mailto:awresch@hotmail.com]<br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; "><b style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; ">Sent:[/b]Tuesday, July 31, 2012 9:48 AM<br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; "><b style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; ">To:[/b]ccharles@crossroadsrv.com<br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; "><b style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; ">Subject:[/b]RE: Emailing: Toshiba TV Install Process.docx</span></span></span><div style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; ">Chris,<br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; "><br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; ">I am just following up on your companies decision to correct the DVD sound issue.I am planning to stop into my dealer to get a few items corrected and would hope to have the DVD corrected at the same time.<br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; "><br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; ">Thanks again for your help.<br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; "><br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; ">Wayne Resch</span><div ="ecxMs&#111;normal" align="center" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; text-align: center; "><hr size="2" width="100%" align="center" style="text-align: -webkit-auto;margin: 0px; padding: 0px; "></span>From:ccharles@crossroadsrv.com<br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; ">To:awresch@hotmail.com<br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; ">Subject: RE: Emailing: Toshiba TV Install Process.docx<br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; ">Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 13:57:08 -0400</span><div style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; ">It’s my pleasure and I hope to rectify your situation!</span></span></span></span></span></span><div style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; "><b style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; ">Chris Charles</span>[/b]</span></span><b style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; ">Service, Sales&amp; SupportCrossRoads RV</span>[/b]</span></span><b style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; ">Email:ccharles@crossroadsrv.com</span>[/b]</span></span><b style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; ">Phone: 260.593.2866 ext.431</span>[/b]</span></span><b style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; ">Cell: 574.320.0935</span>[/b]</span></span><b style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; ">305 Hawpatch Drive, Topeka, IN 46571</span>[/b]</span></span><b style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; ">www.crossroadsrv.com</span>[/b]</span></span><b style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; "></span>[/b]
awresch is offline   Reply With Quote