Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2013, 06:37 AM   #81
Full Time Camper

I have the same problem with my 13 25RB. The data sheet says 970 but it has the 965. Did anyone get their 965 to work with the TV? Those that got new 970s sent out did that fix it and who did you contact?

Tim
13 ST25RB
08 F-250 SC 6.8L XLT 4x4
Tim D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:06 AM   #82
Full Time Camper

The 970 allows me to listen to a DVD through either the speakers or TV speakers. I need to run an extra wire between the TV and the 970 to get TV sound out of the overhead speakers.

Bert, Cathy, Kylie & Kaitlin
2014 SunsetTrail Reserve 32BH
2009 Silverado 3500HD LTZ 4X4 6.6L Duramax
YouTube LetsRV Instagram LetsRV_
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 11:30 AM   #83
Weekend Camper

I have a 2015 Maple Country 300BH and have the same problem.
Chiveon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 07:16 AM   #84
Weekend Camper

Here's the info you're looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wikdslo View Post
I will try to do my best to clear up this situation so all can figure out their own situation...?

Many of the trailers have the Jensen AWM965.
This model unit has the RCA connectors on the back of it, and only 3. A RED/WHITE and a YELLOW.
One would think they are all for either an Input function or an output function, but they are not.
Yellow = Video Out.
Red/White = Audio in.

What this means is that the AWM965 has no ability to output audio to any LINE IN source, such as the TV. DVD's running on this unit will not play audio to the TV.
That being said, you do have the ability to play TV audio to the unit, by plugging in the AUDIO OUT from the back of the TV to the RED/WHITE on the back of the AWM965. You will then have to select the source for that audio to play, as well as the speakers you want it to play on (A/B/C)

The AWM970 and 975 both have the ability to have full AUDIO/VIDEO output as well as AUDIO/VIDEO input.

I got a hold of my dealer and Crossroads, and after a week or so of emails back and forth, had them send out a AWM970 to replace my 965. I then installed it myself, in about 10 minutes. (It really is that easy. It's all wire taps, that you can just carefully pop open and reuse with the new harness, 1 wire at a time so you don't mix anything up).

The new unit works great.

For those of you that do have the AWM965, you do have an option for getting audio to the TV aside from having the unit replaced for something else.
You can install a LINE OUTPUT CONVERTER.
This can be purchased at most car audio shops, anywhere from $10 to $30.
It's a simple little box that you would, in our case, connect the "C" channel speaker output wires off the back of the Jensen AWM965 to the speaker wires on the unit. (Butt connectors, or splice and solder). The other end of the LOC will have the RCA outputs that you will need to run to the AUDIO INPUT on the back of the TV. This LOC takes an amplified audio source, like the one going to the non powered speakers in your ceiling, and converts it to a non amplified audio signal that the TV can handle.

Then when you want the DVD to play on the TV, switch on channel "C" for your speakers and voila.

Hope this helps clear up the situation. I see a lot of people not quite understanding what is going on, why some of theirs works in some ways, and some don't work.

For what it's worth, the factory had ours wired up so that the RED/WHITE on the back of the AWM965 went to the Audio INPUT on the back of the TV. All that did was connect INPUT to INPUT, which of course does nothing. Don't assume because of how the wires are configured, that your device can do what it should.

Cheers.
wikdslo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 04:31 PM   #85
Weekend Camper

OK. I don't know if my problem is the same or not, but, here goes...When we did the walk through on our 2016 Sunset Trail 290QB I ask about the TV sound coming through the ceiling speakers. The gentleman showing us everything said they would. He then changed some setting on the Jenson & the TV audio came out the ceiling speakers...
Now I am 100 miles away from the dealer, set up in a park and I'll be damned if I can make it work!
Can anyone give me a clue what I am doing wrong?
THX- Reva
Riobha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 07:49 PM   #86
Weekend Camper

To play the DVD place the TV input on video 2 and Player input on AV1. This plays the DVD through the speakers. This should help you figure out how to play TV through the speakers and choose ABC for preference.

I would be more help but my camper is parked next to my house for the winter and I do not have cable to it to figure it out.
onlywvu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 05:50 PM   #87
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riobha View Post
OK. I don't know if my problem is the same or not, but, here goes...When we did the walk through on our 2016 Sunset Trail 290QB I ask about the TV sound coming through the ceiling speakers. The gentleman showing us everything said they would. He then changed some setting on the Jenson & the TV audio came out the ceiling speakers...
Now I am 100 miles away from the dealer, set up in a park and I'll be damned if I can make it work!
Can anyone give me a clue what I am doing wrong?
THX- Reva
You probably just need to have the TV going, then select the proper input on the Jensen, then make sure you have the right speaker output selected (A B or C), likely A or B.
wikdslo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 04:08 PM   #88
Weekend Camper

Ill try this next season