Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-15-2009, 05:46 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Hello. I am the proud owner of an 09 ST31QB. While my family and I are enjoying the trailer every chance we get, there is one minor issue we are having. The oven does not stay on. We have run the furnace, and the fridge on gas, with no problems. However, on several different trips, we have noticed that the stove pilot will go out.

We light the pilot to start baking something, and then set the temp on the stove, to say 350. I can come back in 20 minutes to check on the oven, and the flame is out, including the pilot. This has happened a few times. I checked the manual for the oven, and it gives no instructions on adjusting the pilot.

Has anyone else seen this problem, or have an idea on a solution? I purchased the unit from out of state, so bringing it back to that dealer is very much out of my way.

I have had the "air in the lines" issue before, with fridge, one time when I swapped out LP tanks. This oven issue is not the same thing. The oven lights up just fine, nice blue flames, but then the pilot goes out at some point.
Pleco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 06:05 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

You might check out the post below to see if it will help with your issue. This may save you a trip back to the dealer.

http://www.crossroadsrv.com/forum/fo...light&PN=1
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 08:21 AM   #3
Seasonal Camper

Is the thermo coupler in the pilot light flame ? I don't think it could be the switchas he can get it running it just goes out after it's been on a while, Just like there is air in the line ??
gtoguy1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 08:47 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

WE HAD THE SAME PROBLEM. TOOK BACK TO DEALER WHILE STILL IN WARRANTY. THEY ADJUSTED THE PILOT SIZE AND WE HAVE NO MORE PROBLEM. THE PILOT ADJUSTMENT IS LOCATED BEHIND THE OVEN KNOB WHICH YOU CAN GET TO BY LIFTING THE RANGE TOP.
ldul101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 12:10 PM   #5
New Camper

I had the same problem with my ST27RB. I took it to a local authorized RV dealer and they fixed it. They said that the pilot tube didn't properly align with the thermocouple. Haven't had a problem since.Sounded like a simple fix - wish I had tried it myself and saved the cost of the repair (my extended warranty didn't cover it). Good luck with your repair.

07 ST27RB

Dodge RAM 2500 Diesel
Rogdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 12:29 PM   #6
Full Time Camper

When the pilot is on it should hit the thermocouple and go up both sides of it somewhat. It should also be on the front 1/3 of the thermocouple.

Chrisnan23 is offline   Reply With Quote